For those who are interested "how does it look like inside?".

GoldenMotor.com

bluegiant

May 1, 2012
Poland
Hi everyone.
If you are interested how does Chinese engine look like from inside, pics are especially for you.

I had bad luck buying my engine kit. Engine was broken - not properly mounted. I decided not to send it back. It's Chinese technology - no one can guarantee that another engine is gonna be 100% OK.

I repaired it on my own. Had to change the ball bearings. One of them was not even fit properly (first pic), the other one (second pic) was mounted being already broken or was hardly damaged during montage.
Happily for me, seller came out as a honest man (I bought it by net). After I send him photos of dismounted engine, he gave me back a little bit over half price that I paid.
So, that was OK with me.

While bringinng it back to life, took some pics. I'll share them with you, if you don't mind.
If you do mind - simply, just close this threat...

... ... ... ... ...

There are two more pics. Check at ImageShack.
Stupid rule of "5 pics limit" did not let me show them to you.

I use external server (ImageShack US), my pictures are not heavy for this site.
What for is this limit for me? I don't understand.

Pozdrawiam
bluegiant

Last edited:

multipaul

Mar 31, 2012
Germany
Hallo bluegiant.

Your English is very good understandable. Thank you for the pictures. As a HT-newbie it is very important for me to understand the reasons why these engines are dying.
Was it the cage of the bearing or was it the spring of the seal that caused the damage?

You made the bearing seats with the center punches tighter. If this is necessary its a good trick.

Have a good evening - Multipaul

bluegiant

May 1, 2012
Poland
Was it the cage of the bearing or was it the spring of the seal that caused the damage?
Hi.
It's hard to tell. But for sure - first of all cage was hardly broken.
Than it broke spring and sealing.
I suppose that it was mounted with to heavy hammer, and completly without attention.

Just - "Hit it, and it's OK".
That's the way they work in China. No matter how good is your work, point is to do as much as possible in shortest possible time !!! :) Tragedy....
But, they are cheap ! Anyway, real price comes later... ;)

For a hundered percent, damage was caused by a "little chinese human being" who was putting my engine together in the factory.
I'm not a racist. But in my opinion, someone who was mounting together my engine in a Chinese factory, was for sure definitely brainless.

In a time that I was working on my engine, I had sent so many "f.cks & s.its", that probaby will be enough for all Chinese people. :)
Sorry for all Chinese people - try to make your work works better as a final product. :)
You made the bearing seats with the center punches tighter. If this is necessary its a good trick.
It might be not necessary. But for sure, it won't damage bearings. May only help. ;)
Besides, I used special glue to hold bearingns where they should be.

I'm Pole - not Chinese. I think different way than they do.
"If something is worth doing, do it properly - otherwise, better just don't touch it !!!"

Pozdrawiam
bluegiant

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Punching either aluminum or steel with a center punch/chisel has been a ole trick that I have used before. Depending on clearance I'll punch the housing as many a 8 punches. The punch or chisel puts dimples in the housing to hold the bearing or race tight. I've done a few boat hubs that way.

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The picture limit is 5 per post. Say you have 7 pictures to share, do 2 posts and divide the picture count between them.

Good work on repairing what the factory should have done correctly in the first place.

I have a notion that the factory workers have no mechanical knowledge or skills what so ever. They do not understand that if a part is abused or installed incorrectly that it will fail.
All they know is this round shiny thing goes into that hole, and if the gizmo that is supposed to be used for installing it is broken, use a rock or a hammer instead.

If the bearing is round and the hole is square they will beat on it until it sort of stays in place then pass it on to the next factory worker.

bluegiant

May 1, 2012
Poland
The picture limit is 5 per post. Say you have 7 pictures to share, do 2 posts and divide the picture count between them.
No way! You not joking? Really?? ;)
I know that. But if I'm using external server (IS) it is still pointless.
Every one can see all my images, cos they aren't marked as a private.

I see that you know a lot about Chinese "technolgy". Same as me.
They should better grow rice and make of it instant soups, than gettin to build engines.
Even the most simple 2 stroke. ;)

Pozdrawiam
bluegiant