I'm Back!

GoldenMotor.com

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
Well my hibernation period is over. It finally started warming up again in Central California. So yesterday I pulled all my parts out of the boxes and reinstalled everything onto my frame. Whole process took less than 45 minutes and when I went to start it...

It worked! If anybody has ever spent a lot of time swearing at their 2-stroke build, you know this is an accomplishment. I had stripped my build a couple months ago right after finishing break-in and almost getting myself killed during my last ride in the rain. This morning I hopped on, prayed, and rode the 13 miles to work. All I really need to do is tighten/replace the clutch flower nut because it is not grabbing fast enough and she'll be running like a champ again.

Its good to be back.shft.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Over here it stopped being warm, and started to snow. And it may not stop snowing off-and-on until April or May. Ride, my man. Ride while you can, I say. That's what I'd do.

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
Haha well... It made it to work fine which is when I posted, but then about 9 miles into my ride back the engine started slowing then just stopped firing.

Disconnected kill switch, replaced spark plug, re-checked wiring, so now it looks like I may need to replace the mag. This would be the third time I had done so on this build so its really no surprise, but I can't help feeling that it is something different. Plus my gas cap fell off haha.

Oh well, guess its time to try and fix it again. It really is too bad, since its warm again.