Looking for Frame Advice

GoldenMotor.com

sh4dd0w

Jul 10, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
I'm wanting to build a bike obviously. lol. Anywho... I'm gonna use a Stingray 4" rear with Crome Disc Wheel covers, Billiet Front Wheel with 26x3" Kenda Flame, and a Springer front fork 9the one looks like a harley fork, NOT that other bent crap) And I would like an idea of what frame to use. I'm gonna use a SkyHawk 80cc (i know 79) And an add on Nitrous Kit. Will upgrade to a Morini when I gat the scratch to do it. And eventually use a Trike Conversion Kit and 2x Stingray reads. i know this is probably alot of vague useless info. But maybe it'll help with frame ideas. And i'd like the low slung chopper style, maybe somekind of softtail (i'm sure they will be easier to modify into a 4 inch rear. i was thinking about a rear suspention MTB. But i just dont know. Anyone have some ideas? Or buils ANYTHING like it before? Hopefully you did and it worked. lol. Thaks .trk

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Got some pictures? Know how to post 'em?-
(go to "advanced menu", click on little exclamation point icon next to smiling face and that opens "manage attachments"
browse for photos on your computer- and download
may have to resize with "Windows paint" or other photo program

dance1

Attachments

Last edited:

bigdaddy55

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
Do a search on ebay for bicycle frames. There are two or three stores on there that sell custom bike frames. Most are very reasonable and have the low rider look you want. I've seen a bare frame as low as $39 for a 20 inch frame up to about $300 for a tricked out low rider! Great idea but may cost more than a "regular" bike.

Big

.shft.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
You better consider some of the strength issues you could have with your rear wheels an possibly the frame , when nitrous hits it dosent hit gently , look carefully at real time motorcycles an take your cues directly from how they are built so you can achieve that low slung look , thats what I did.

sh4dd0w

Jul 10, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
i've been riding Motocycles since I was a kid. Strenth i'll take into account. I'm guess i'm just wondering if anyone has done a build like this. and the biggest wonder is if a softtail will work. i mean i have an idea for a frame. but it's just IF an engine an accept the slack of a softail.