lets talk money

GoldenMotor.com

n35

Aug 3, 2011
Austin
okay so lets say u dont want anything fancy just something that wont blow up, doesnt matter if its a little old or not shiny and chrome.
but all and all if you already have a bike whats the most you think i would pay to get my bike into a MB. i was also leaning towards a chainsaw engine since they have more torque.

n35

Aug 3, 2011
Austin
what if you get a chainsaw for cheap or even free because i have one but something seems to not be working right and im gonna get it looked at by a close friend who well most likely charge me nothing

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I was thinking of a kit that you can install with mostly basic hand tools, a chain saw engine will involve much time and planing because you will have to make most it. What kind of chain saw? What cc? Is it a good one or a throw away type that most are these days.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Based on my exp. with chain saws that sounds like about 30cc, how long is the bar and which chain is on it? 5/32 or 7/32 pitch or size of file it takes to sharpen it. Some people on this forum have built these maybe some will give you more info on installing it.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Based on the bar size that is not a big saw, I was thinking it would be longer. You may not get the power you need from it.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If it were me I would do a search on the saw and find out the year and if parts are still around for it, if it will be hard to get parts you might want to look for an alternative.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Your better off getting a kit because you'll end up spending more because you'll still have to get sprockets & chains & throttles & gas tank & everything else that comes in a kit.

daRog

Apr 15, 2011
California

n35

Aug 3, 2011
Austin
Well don't you think one could find all the supplies needed for less if u put the effort into it because thats what the kit basically does they do the searching part for you and I'm sure they wouldn't gather all the items and sell it all for cheaper but idk it could depend on the place you buy the kit from I guess, what placed y'all re recomend??

BeaverRat

Jun 27, 2011
WA
Well don't you think one could find all the supplies needed for less if u put the effort into it because thats what the kit basically does they do the searching part for you and I'm sure they wouldn't gather all the items and sell it all for cheaper but idk it could depend on the place you buy the kit from I guess, what placed y'all re recomend??
Hands down RAW Motors are some of the best ones out there...

Silver 80cc Bicycle Engine

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
What most do that build a one-off or non kit bike use a doner kit for some of the parts, if you buy all the parts seperately it will be close to the kit price less the engine. The companies that sell these kits buy their parts in bulk thus getting deep discounts that you and I don't. If you want a Quality kit just look on the sides of this page, these vendors have spent alot of time puting together the better parts. Which ever way you decide to go let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

n35

Aug 3, 2011
Austin
Less then $30 2 build the Junk Yard Dog...

Motor was given to me, parts stripped off dumpster finds and other junk bikes I had for extra parts. The only thing I purchased was the drive sprocket for the motor.
Dave you'd be the most amazing person if you could tell me how u put it together.this is my first MB so im kinda lost, id be so greatful if you explained it :D