First mods on the way

GoldenMotor.com

sumdawgtwigg

Aug 9, 2008
SW VA
Well, I bought my first bike, had my first real ride and now I'm gonna start making it my own. I ordered some hanger handlebars a few minutes ago and should have them this week. Pictures to follow as I change her around!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just wanted to say congrats on the first build, you're in for a lot of fun and possibly a few problem solving adventures along the way if you are like the most of us, looks like you been a member here for a good while (2008) so you may already have all the knowledge you need to avoid many or most of the issues a lot of us like myself have had trouble with in the past.

Here is a link to a place that has a large selection of bike dress up parts and pieces, I know we have members here that sell parts as well and this is in know way trying to under cut them, but this site has some stuff that others just dont have so I just thought you might be interested in this store if you haven't already found it.

BicycleDesigner.com sells custom bicycles, parts, and information exchange

best wishes and happy safe MB-ing

Peace

brnot

Well, I bought my first bike, had my first real ride and now I'm gonna start making it my own. I ordered some hanger handlebars a few minutes ago and should have them this week. Pictures to follow as I change her around!

sumdawgtwigg

Aug 9, 2008
SW VA
Thanks for the website and for all your encouragement and tips! I already bought ape hangbars to put on it, as well as bike signal lights. Will post pictures as soon as I'm done.

sumdawgtwigg

Aug 9, 2008
SW VA
My bars came in today now and I took it for a ride. It's so much more comfortable! I couldn't believe what a difference it made. Pictures coming tommorow, was going to take them tonight until I realized my camera is in a friends truck. My first ride with them was a learning experience, I forgot to check my gas level, ran out about a mile from home. lol
:-||

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I know what you mean, really stinks having to peddle a bike with an engine on it......the entire idea for having the engine for me is so I dont have to peddle the darn thing with my worn out knees.......!

look forward to seeing those pics bro.

Peace