Maxima Oil basics

GoldenMotor.com

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Hey gang I was looking try some better premix oil and in my searching Ive found that Maxima sells a few different oils. They have the Scooter Pro 2, the Maxima Super M, and the regular Scooter oil.

If anyone has any insight on which is better formulated for my HT China Girls let me know, as I am looking to get off of weed whacker oil.

Thanks

Cory
usflg

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
None of the ones listed I would use soley in my HT.

MAXIMA 927 which has castor oil in it. A touch of castor Castor oil is superior in providing lubrication, high temp protection, anti-scuff high pressure protection, than ANY other oil out there. It has some minor drawbacks that have not been an issue with my using it for past 7 years on my motorized bikes.

It flashes at 420 deg F. The flash point is the lowest temperature at which a liquid vaporizes into a combustible mixture. The higher the flash point, the longer it is a liquid lubricating your engine. In addition, once castor burns, it forms an even better dry lubricant providing even more overtemp protection!

BTW, Amsoil interceptor flashes at 176 deg F and Amsoil saber at 214 deg F.

I ran Maxima 927 and my own personal blended castor/synthetic oil blends in excruciating conditions that turned my cylinder head read hot, discolored the metal on all of my engine components without the engine seizing and allowing another 3+ years of abusive use before I sold the bike to someone else.

Last edited:

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Well, really I wasn't posting that link to continue that same discussion here. I was simply providing the OP with a link to a thread that already discusses this subject.

I have made my choice about what oil I will use, if you have something to add to that discussion please feel free to do so. But I highly doubt your personal use choice helps the OP in this case as it is your "...own personal blended castor/synthetic oil...".

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I use the Castor 927 to break a 2-stroke in, then switch to Formula K-2 which in my opinion is Maximas best 2-stroke oil. Just my 2 cents...cha-ching.

Last edited:

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
None of the ones listed I would use soley in my HT.

MAXIMA 927 which has castor oil in it. A touch of castor Castor oil is superior in providing lubrication, high temp protection, anti-scuff high pressure protection, than ANY other oil out there. It has some minor drawbacks that have not been an issue with my using it for past 7 years on my motorized bikes.

It flashes at 420 deg F. The flash point is the lowest temperature at which a liquid vaporizes into a combustible mixture. The higher the flash point, the longer it is a liquid lubricating your engine. In addition, once castor burns, it forms an even better dry lubricant providing even more overtemp protection!

BTW, Amsoil interceptor flashes at 176 deg F and Amsoil saber at 214 deg F.

I ran Maxima 927 and my own personal blended castor/synthetic oil blends in excruciating conditions that turned my cylinder head read hot, discolored the metal on all of my engine components without the engine seizing and allowing another 3+ years of abusive use before I sold the bike to someone else.
This is a weird reply, but since childhood running Dad's model airplanes, I have always LOVED the smell of castor oil based fuel engines
An Amsoil user, I might spike my tank with a little Maxima just for pleasure
and memories

yodar