Anyone used this pipe?

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Kayper

Aug 26, 2010
Hamilton ON
That's a good deal. Some people can't seem to fit them, and others have no problem. But when they do get'em on they can't believe they didn't do it sooner. I don't have one yet, but use the 'Google search' at the top of the page for 'Grubee Pipe' There's lots of info around, like this thread:

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=21489

and this one:

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=117568

Have a click around, gl.
I actually saw this pipe and someone said it's a Grubee pipe, looked the same. Does it come with a muffler or is that an addon? I can see how this might be a tigh fit as the headpipe is non existant the expantion chamber is widest right by the frame. I have a 26" normal sized tube aluminum Giant Iguana(older one), anyone have experience with a frame like mine?

I might just grab one when I get my kit add some header pipe if needed for bendability and clearance. I dont understand why people arent using more pocket bike pipes as they fit and can be cut and either welded or high temp silicone tube an hoseclamped together a stock one runs around $30 an had a small but atleast AN expantion chamber. I'll try mine out when I actually select my engine, funds are not available at the moment. So I'm just trying to find the best parts and upgrades before I buy so everything runs smooth like my pocketbike engine rigged bikes.

The same shop that sells that pipe sells slant head and normal head for the same price aswell.
Anyone have any info on this Grubee pipe as far as powerband and average rpm of these 66cc engines as opppsed to my pocketbike 49cc engines? I know the smaller ones rev higher but not sure how much more.

I've googled around and was spelling "Grubee" wrong as i didn't see it in their page, also wasn't confirmed as the same pipe. cvlt1

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
If it's local and you can take it back no charge try it, what the heck right?

Otherwise you have lots of issues to deal with.
Naming the bike don't help much for easy answers, pics of your build with motor in do.

Kayper

Aug 26, 2010
Hamilton ON
If it's local and you can take it back no charge try it, what the heck right?

Otherwise you have lots of issues to deal with.
Naming the bike don't help much for easy answers, pics of your build with motor in do.
Not sure on used return policy but its 50 bucks right I can aways modify it to fit. My frame is as simple as **** striaght horizontal top tube 90's Iguana couldn't tell the date 1.25"? or so tubing. Wondering more about performance with such a short/non exitstant header pipe. The links provided were short and all about flange matching, easy dremel fix not to concerned on lasers and such haha.

I have no build as I mentioned trying to research and get the best parts and mods before any purchase as well as funds(yes im a broke s.o.b.). Any references as to rev peaks in these bigger engines then the big bore or 49cc pocketbike engines. Or how the header effectes tourque?

Really just looking for info on this pipe performance wise, I can make anything fit but if the SBP pipe is better for the powerband of these slightly biggier engines mid range as well as fit undermounted not top mounted(about double price with shipping tax and coverversion of currency). I might look into that or modding a pocketbike pipe. Basically it's a cheap pipe I can add material too and a bigger flange to fit the output of the engine I choose and my basic frame. Just looking for any experience or sound clips with this pipe stock see how it mounts up(the Grubee). Thanks dnut

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, I've used one and am still using it. It improves the power througout the powerband with no hard hits of power anywhere per se. I can't tell you the RPM's for sure as I wasn't running a tach, but you do get a bit more top-end with it. I paid $50 for mine and it bolted right up.

Also, it does come very close to touching the front tire of my 2-stroke cruiser w/66cc HT engine, and your left foot as well if you're not careful! Here's some pics:

Cheersdnut And Mr. KC Vale....notice no chain tensioners on either chain, just a bracket on the pedal drive side...

Last edited:

Kayper

Aug 26, 2010
Hamilton ON
Yes, I've used one and am still using it. It improves the power througout the powerband with no hard hits of power anywhere per se. I can't tell you the RPM's for sure as I wasn't running a tach, but you do get a bit more top-end with it. I paid $50 for mine and it bolted right up.

Also, it does come very close to touching the front tire of my 2-stroke cruiser w/66cc HT engine, and your left foot as well if you're not careful! Here's some pics:

Cheersdnut
Perfect my brotha exactly what I was looking for, i plan on wrapping in black exahaust tape (stealth and leg burn pretection. Where did you purchase yours? great bike btw what top soeeds you hitting?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Perfect my brotha exactly what I was looking for, i plan on wrapping in black exahaust tape (stealth and leg burn pretection. Where did you purchase yours? great bike btw what top soeeds you hitting?
I bought it from Spooky a while back. I've fully ported it, CNS carbed it, put a custom 41 tooth on it and have hit 45mph in fact. Yes it will blow my 4-stroke out of the water....simple fact! Some days that thing runs like a bat outta heyell!!!rotfl

Kayper

Aug 26, 2010
Hamilton ON
Ya I'm not allowed to say helyel lol, tnaks for telling me now you have tired it and with a 41 tooth 45mph? That what I'm looking for maby a dellorto carb instead though, cns seems sketchy even over stock, you have any other mods besids maby a plug and porting? What about loudness is it that pop pop pop sound or ditbike style?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ya I'm not allowed to say helyel lol, tnaks for telling me now you have tired it and with a 41 tooth 45mph? That what I'm looking for maby a dellorto carb instead though, cns seems sketchy even over stock, you have any other mods besids maby a plug and porting? What about loudness is it that pop pop pop sound or ditbike style?
Actually I've gotten better overall performance with the stock carb, as well as I got tired of the CNS continually sliding off of the manifold no matter what I did (I didn't try using set screws to hold it in place) and the manual choke lever vibrated off the handlebars one night. I did do a little skirt work to the piston and opened and matched the transfer ports in the crankcase. Also shaved a hair off of the cylinder and head to raise the compression. High octane gas and Maxima K-2 synthetic at 50:1 and that's about it. If that doesn't work for you....nuthin' will.wee. A Dellorto carb would be a good thing....up to 19mm should be fine, I wouldn't go any bigger, but you could. Good luck!

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Kayper,
I use the Grubee pipes all the time with good results. I do rework the flange and flange angle for better fit. That pipe you show looks different from the Grubee fat cat. It looks narrower and has a different exhaust tip.. Do you have a link so I can check it out a little more?
Pat

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Kayper,
I use the Grubee pipes all the time with good results. I do rework the flange and flange angle for better fit. That pipe you show looks different from the Grubee fat cat. It looks narrower and has a different exhaust tip.. Do you have a link so I can check it out a little more?
Pat
Yeah, I noticed the same thing.....skinnier overall and the stinger exits the center of the end and has no angle cut....diff pipe, slightly.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Anyone got a video of what that pipe sounds like ? I looked but all I could find is the SBP one. Im thinking its stupid loud ?

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I've raced 2-stroke dirt bikes in the past and all the ones I've ever had used these type of pipes and yes they were loud but the bikes were fast. Back in those days I weighed in at about 110 and rode Yamaha YZ80's and could get up to around 85 mph and with power band could jump around 10-15 feet. Keep in mind though that those motors have power reeds and cooling with a radiator.

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
Most of what you read on here will tell you that for best results the exhaust pipe should be 11-12" before the expansion chamber.

Makes me think twice about this and lean more toward the SBP model for $65 (that's the price, right?). I got an entire exhaust from a CAG pocket bike, on eBay, and have been wondering if the expansion chamber is large enough to make much difference on a 66cc engine.

Anybody have experience with using a pocket bike exhaust on these?

The flange is the same size as stock, but I'll have to cut, bend and weld the pipe to make a custom fit to my engine and I'm wondering if the work would be worth it...

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike
Most of what you read on here will tell you that for best results the exhaust pipe should be 11-12" before the expansion chamber.

Makes me think twice about this and lean more toward the SBP model for $65 (that's the price, right?). I got an entire exhaust from a CAG pocket bike, on eBay, and have been wondering if the expansion chamber is large enough to make much difference on a 66cc engine.

Anybody have experience with using a pocket bike exhaust on these?

The flange is the same size as stock, but I'll have to cut, bend and weld the pipe to make a custom fit to my engine and I'm wondering if the work would be worth it...
Ya Ive used a pocket bike exhaust on my 66cc and they realy rock.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
And Mr. KC Vale....notice no chain tensioners on either chain, just a bracket on the pedal drive side...
(Smiles) very nice ;-}
That Xpipe looks a bit cumbersome, but effective.
You may have issues with a one-piece pedal crank however. They tend to be pretty narrow.

Are you planning to use gears and Jackshaft it?
Cranks won't matter then, the kit comes with a new 3-piece crank.
Gears are your friend but like you said, if money is the main issue you can forget that.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
(Smiles) very nice ;-}
That Xpipe looks a bit cumbersome, but effective.
You may have issues with a one-piece pedal crank however. They tend to be pretty narrow.

Are you planning to use gears and Jackshaft it?
Cranks won't matter then, the kit comes with a new 3-piece crank.
Gears are your friend but like you said, if money is the main issue you can forget that.
The pipe really works great, as is. This bike will soon be sportin a 4-stroke engine with the stock cranks and the wide bb spindle. As for chain tensioners....prolly not. Cheers.