I think I'm close to being done.....

GoldenMotor.com

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Here is a picture of my bicycle so far.....there are notes in the pic-roll your mouse over the pic to read them.

I started out installing the Staton kit last winter and have been refining things here and there for the past few months. As it sits now-I'm pretty happy with it, I have a range of well over 100 miles with the two fuel tanks and I can run about 35-40 miles an hour on flat ground.

I've never been a fan of or used any of those magic motor friction reducers, but for the last 200 miles, I've been running Motor Kote in addition to my regular 100/1 Opti-2 gas oil mixture......gotta say, the motor idles smoother and i picked up about 3 mph on the top end. Not sure if that is due to the Motor Kote or not, but I did have to reduce the idle speed because it started to run faster at idle all by it self.

Also, I have a really funky looking exhaust system....for 2 reasons. First reason is that I wanted it to be as quiet and unobtrusive as possible, I've ridden past cops and they don't give me a second look. The other reason is that I motorpace some of my friends in the local cycling club......they get in a single file row behind me and they are able to go as fast as I do and having the exhuast mounted down low and pointed towards the ground- they don't breathe as many fumes.

I have about 1200 bucks into it including the motor, the bike and all the accessories. That's a lot of money...but you get what you pay for and I wanted something that would last a few years.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool DG. Just curious, are the 2 tanks in tandem or separate as in have to switch from one to another?

But again, very cool. Clean and sharp looking MB.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
The two tanks are separate but connected.

When the lower tank runs low- I open the petcock of the upper tank and let fuel drain into the lower tank though a fuel hose that is connected between the two.

I cut a small hole into the top of lower tank and epoxied the fuel hose from the upper tank into it.

It looks a little ghetto if you examine it closely, but it works :)

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Nice ride, really dig the "Bear spray"!! bike goes just faster that a bear, interesting! Seriously, looks like ya have all bases covered, great job!!

Mac