Sprocket Replacement Tips/Links???

GoldenMotor.com

RonInColorado

May 4, 2010
Colorado
Good evening all, I've been searching high and low to find info on replacement of the 10 tooth chain drive sprocket but I'm not having much of any luck.

I'm hoping that replacement parts will be arriving tomorrow and trying like the dickens to get the old chewed up sprocket off so I'll be ready when replacements arrive.

Any tips from those with experience or links to goo info would be greatly appreciated!!

:-||

RonInColorado

May 4, 2010
Colorado
Nogig. I actually got it figured out, at least managed to get the sprocket off without busting anything.

I was a bit challenged by trying to turn the center nut without the engine turning over and was fearful of breaking gear teath on the clutch side if I got too aggressive thrying to block the clutch.

Then I remembered a trick from a long time ago; pull the spark plug, rotate the piston down a bit and fill the cylinder with a length of good non-fraying rope, then as you turn the sprocket nut that of course turns everything else once the piston comes up against the rope in the cylinder you've got it licked.

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
Sorry i didnt mention that trick to ya before man, its been a long day and my kids were drivin me nuts. glad ya got it though my friend