how to adjust

GoldenMotor.com

xzackx

Jun 30, 2010
morgan county, OH
i just got my engine running in my bike yesterday (i didnt know how hard the clutch was to pull so i started it with the clutch out) but as i was running it i noticed a black gunk around the bottom of my exhaust pipe its pointed straight down but i dont think thats what causes it and if anyone knows what is about the best air/fuel mixture ? how many turns ? thanks

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
There is no mixture adjustment screw.
You can move the circlip position on the needle to change the mixture though. lower is leaner and up is richer.

The one screw on the carb is for adjusting the idle rpm.
It's a 2-stroke motor, the back oily residue is caused from the unburnt oil/fuel mixture.
That is exacerbated if you mix in too much fuel. Try 24:1 for the first gallon, then got to 36:1-42:1 after it's broken in.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There is no mixture adjustment screw.
You can move the circlip position on the needle to change the mixture though. lower is leaner and up is richer. QUOTE]

You have it backwards...moving the clip upwards leans the mix; downwards richens it. Think of it this way. The higher the clip the less travel upwards so less needle taper is exposed, therefore less fuel. The lower the clip position the higher the needle is raised, more fuel can enter so you get a richer mix.
Tom