opti-2 for break in

GoldenMotor.com

macattie88

Dec 2, 2009
columbia sc
guys i have a question(hope i dont start wwIII..lol) but i read some old threads and never really could find a set ratio for opti on break in...i see that many members use 100:1 after break in but what is a good ratio during break in?i have never started my engine and want to use the best from the beginningdnut

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i broke mine it at 70:1. ran that till i used up my 2 gallon can, and then went 100:1.

i honestly don't think it matters. my next bike i'll dump 100:1 in it, just so i don't have to mix up a different batch.

there's enough people around here that started right out at 100:1, so i think it's all good.

by the way, my bike had absolutely no break in period. it went just as fast the first day as it does now. and it's fasssst.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've used Opti-2 @ 100:1 for break in on two engines and both are running, performing strong. I see no need for a richer oil mix with the Opti for break in. You'll hear differing opinions, I'm simply speaking from my experience.
Tom

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
Man, I rode with bairdco and I know he knows his $h!t but I think you guys are crazy running 100:1! I broke my engine in with regular 2 stroke oil @ 16:1. I would start the engine up and let it run for about 2 minutes and kill it. I would let the engine completely cool down and then do the same thing again. I took it easy on the engine for the first tank of gas mixing up the RPM range while running it. After that, I switched to synthetic oil @ 32:1 and rode it like I stole it...just my .02

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
MAN u guys really run it at 100/1 that pretty awsome i read about this opti 2 on another thread i tried doin 60/1 with castrol synthetic and man my bike did not like that, im currently using 30/1 with castrol regular 2 stroke and it runs mint but i want in on the 100/1 club, where can i buy some i tryed the small engine shop near my house he just has amzoil wich is also the **** at least in cars you think i can run that at 100/1 or mayb 80-90/1 ???