Gas tank opinions

GoldenMotor.com

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Heres a pic of a fuel tank from Dimension Edge that they say works even though 80% of the fuel level is lower than the carb. I need some feed back before I spend more money on my new kit, in your opinion will ithis setup work? The only thing I can see to make it work is atmospheric pressure pushing on the fuel and the vaccuum in the carb throat sucking on it if its primed.......

Attachments

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I may be wrong but don't most of those weed wacker style motors use a diaphragm carburetor that draws the fuel from the tank?

Before you buy one go to a sporting goods store and take a look around. That tank looks EXACTLY like a sports water bottle.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Kev you need to be careful of the type of plastic tank you put fuel in.......take a 2 ltr coke bottle for example it will eat through one in a few days.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Pop bottles are polypropylene and will react with fuel, sports/water/milk/vinegar bottles are made with polyethylene which doesn't react with much of anything which is why anything from oil to acid is packaged in polyethylene and it's the same plastic that small engine gas tanks are made from.

Good rule of thumb, if the plastic has an "oily" texture it's polyethylene and safe for gas.