Go-Kart to Push Trailer

GoldenMotor.com

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Test Ride #3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvoF-Xbz92U

It's only doing about 10mph. I changed the gearing looks like I went further then I should have. 15mph was my goal, really don't want to go any faster then that but 10mph will drive me crazy on a long ride.

Still have some work to do before I get it they way I will like it. .trlrl.
Cool :D I suppose if the wheels on the push trailer were a larger diameter they wouldn't get caught in potholes quite so badly. Though for a low spend use wot ya got project it's turned out surprisingly well.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Cool :D I suppose if the wheels on the push trailer were a larger diameter they wouldn't get caught in potholes quite so badly. Though for a low spend use wot ya got project it's turned out surprisingly well.
Yes bigger wheels would help a lot. I do have a pile of spare wheels and tires maybe I should think about doing that.

One thing I do not like at all is riding where we have no bike lanes. Its a little scary some drivers get so close and with the extra width of the trailer makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I wish drivers would obey the 3 foot law we have. I know I always do.

.trlrl.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
I find the local drivers around here give me plenty of room, but on holiday weekends when we have a lot of city folks driving through town I find I have to keep a much sharper eye out for idiots.

I don't know what the solution could for drivers who pass too close except for having a small explosive device on the end of a three foot stick ;)

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Anti climb paint on a big brush, or perhaps even brake fluid. Nothing like dealing with the results of their own behaviour to bring it home to dangerous drivers.