Think my wife finally understands!

GoldenMotor.com

Motorbikermark

Nov 16, 2011
Western N.C.
Though I'm new to motorbikes I have always had projects I've been working on, And no money to really do it like I want. This has necessitated me to become fairly creative. My wife has been driven crazy by this constant drive to be inventive for close to 20 years. Example "Wheres my small mixing bowl?" my response "Well you see honey I didn't like the heavy chrome or the shape of the headlight for my bike and the stainless and the shape of the mixing bowl were perfect." This needless to say would result in a heated discussion. However today I was working on a mock oil tank in which to hold my electronics for my current motorbike (my first motorbike) it was cold outside so I was working in the kitchen. I was looking for a can of food to use as a mock up when it accured to me one end of the can of baked beans had a pretty nice contour to the bottom and it was the correct size and shape! Stay with me here people get off the fact that I'm considering mounting a can of baked bean on my bike. Anyway I decide to split two cans and mate them so it will have a bottom on both sides. right at that point my wife walks in surveys the situation and quite unexpectedly response " Lets see two cans of baked beans, a saws all, and a bicycle in my kitchen, Forget it I don't even want to know! Just please clean up when your done." You know I think we just may make this whole marriage thing work after all.....

God Speed, Mark brnot

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
She sounds like a keeper! I figure it's like this: Everybody has their little eccentricities, hobbies, or annoying tendencies, regardless of whether they are men or women. If you're not an abusive, womanizing, boozing, pothead and all the bills are getting paid on time, she should count her blessings...as long as you make her feel loved, a missing mixing bowl or a can of beans donated in the name of keeping the significant other smiling is not worth arguing about. :)

Motorbikermark

Nov 16, 2011
Western N.C.
Thanks Goldy, I don't have to worry about the womanizing, boozing, and pot. Like I said too poor for other hobbies. As far as abusive.... Frankly she scares me! which covers the whole paying the bills...I'm afraid not to! LOL, really she's a great lady and I'm lucky to have her. Now all I have to do is make sure she see's this somehow so I can collect my brownie points! I'm saving them up so it won't hurt so much when I buy that new monarch springer fork.

God Speed, Markdnut

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Should use one of them new can openers that cut around the rim. I have one form Pamperd chef but are sold in other stores. When you are done you can put the top back on,run a small bead of solder around. you would have a hole can minous the beans.

Pass the gas............................................Curt

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Tin cans are under rated. Think of them as inexpensive ready made steel cylinders which come in standard sizes. I've made gas tanks, tail lights, head lights, an oil tank and behind the seat tool box. Dress them up in harness leather and who would know?
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
LOL Mark! Ayup, she is most defanatly a keeper!

And never stop explaining things to here the more you shair the better. I am going on 50 years. She still don't understand but better then not knowing at all. All my stuff is junk untill I sell some then is not sell some more. Or if I compleat something how did you do that make some more. We were visiting her sister in Wisconson last fall and her sister bought a old 50's Schwinn now she wants one I just happen to have a couple, will dig one out for her next summer. Then its you should find some more..........Curt

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is a great point about MBs keeping one home and out'a trouble. Carol's Mom (Lives with us) was asking why I spent so much time in the garage. Bless my girl, She replied "Leave him alone. He is happy, in his element and not out racing bar-stools. Which in my youth, I'd have won the equivalent of the Grand Prix, snork.

I don't know if it true in all relationships but seeing my Girls face when I am walking around all excited about some new build or concept or struggling with a puzzle, She just seems to get how much joy these crazy things bring me. When I am pulling my hair out, she sort of grins and walks away. Some times bringing back a snack or treat.

Got me thinking now, MBs have been great for our 24 yr relationship. We should send this link to marriage Councillor.

Tin cans are under rated. Think of them as inexpensive ready made steel cylinders which come in standard sizes. I've made gas tanks, tail lights, head lights, an oil tank and behind the seat tool box. Dress them up in harness leather and who would know?
SB
SB, I always hope, you'll some day put all your art work in a pictorial thread. All in one place. You do some really amazing work Brodder.

In the mornings, I do work for "Meals-on-wheels" One day I was picking one gallon cans out of the garbage and some of the cooks were laughing at me thinking I was gonna scrap em. A few days later I showed them a pic of your tanks and they were amazed. (LOL, that same day, I unclogged a floor drain with my muffer, (It is a rubber, plumber's blow-bag. was just really funny)

.flg.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Dan said,
"SB, I always hope, you'll some day put all your art work in a pictorial thread. All in one place. You do some really amazing work Brodder.

In the mornings, I do work for "Meals-on-wheels" One day I was picking one gallon cans out of the garbage and some of the cooks were laughing at me thinking I was gonna scrap em. A few days later I showed them a pic of your tanks and they were amazed. (LOL, that same day, I unclogged a floor drain with my muffer, (It is a rubber, plumber's blow-bag. was just really funny)"

Thanks for the complimentary words, Dan. One of these days I'm going to run out of harness leather. Then what? So the second stage madness is making stuff out of copper pipe and fittings. Third stage is coming up... I scored an old brass bed headboard end... half a brass bed? Staring at the cool brass tubes and fittings... seeing in me mostly empty head visions of torpedo lights, gas tanks, maybe a headlight.
Scrounging and making something out of nothing is great fun. It is a kind of inorganic metamorphosis and reminds me of the Roman poet Ovid's classic work where he says "I sing of bodies to new forms changing". Like that, kinda, making one thing into something else.
SB