Portland, Indiana Rally 2011

GoldenMotor.com

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I'm starting a thread on the Portland, Indiana Rally It's July 11th to the 16th. Bonnie & I are going this year. We've never gone before. It's supposed to be the biggest motorized bike rally in the country. I know Helmut was there last year & Quenton & Donna go every year. It's about 550 miles from our place to Portland. Is anyone else from the forum going. Feel free to post. We bought a 6 by 10 foot enclosed trailer to take the bikes in. We could only fit 4 of them in :( We'll post more as the trip & then the rally progresses.
Here's the trailer with the bikes in it.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i'll be there, just looking though, not bringing anything, i'll be the goofy looking guy on a razor scooter. to old to walk that much, last year about killed me walking the whole place.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Went on a 25 mile ride today. There was over 1/2 mile of bikes. Hundreds of bikes. Only 2 broke down. Quenton said there's way over 10,000 people here. I'll post more pics tomorrow.
Jay

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Jay, sounds like a great event. Gonna have to look into makin' that one in the coming years. Have fun and hi to Bonnie! Dan

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
cool pics,,,
the kid with the whizzer on the old stingray looks happy !!!
I really like the yellow harley and the maroon simplex :)

your tandem looks good too !!!

congrats on the trophies for you and Quenton (^)

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Thanks for the great pictures. Am supprised to hear that you guys are going to recycle those thropies at the Pa rally!

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
cool pics,,,
the kid with the whizzer on the old stingray looks happy !!!
I really like the yellow harley and the maroon simplex :)

your tandem looks good too !!!

congrats on the trophies for you and Quenton (^)
Thanks Bill Quenton & I had lots of fun & then we both won in our class. The kid on the Whizzer Stingray was a really nice guy. He had a vintage engine in it.