Kicks on, then dies

GoldenMotor.com

Zack01GC

Sep 14, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I let go of the clutch, the engine kicks on, but then dies within 5 seconds. Also, if I give it throttle, it just bogs and dies anyway.

I pulled the clutch lever in, and the bike did not stay on. It dies almost as soon as I pull the lever in.

The thing is... it ran yesterday, and it ran well. What the **** could have happened over night? The only thing I messed with today was the clutch.

:-||

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
hemmm that does indeed sound strange could mabye your choke be sticking no not likely

to me it sounds like its getting starved for fuel i had a similer experience but not at starting about 600 yard from home i beleive it was this the fuel wasnt coming out of my tank fast enough so when i would let it sit over night with the fuel valve on it would slowl fill the bowl then i would start it up the next day go for a ride then suddenly bog down about 1/'4 mile from home when the bowl burned all the fuel i would then get off take a look see nothing get back on try to start it and give up so i started pedaling home after a few hundred feet i would drop the clutch and it would fire up but i f i gave it full throttle it wou7ld starve for fuel and die

i9 beleive it is a fuel starvation problem check the line and make sure nothing is in them dont trust your inline fuel filtur if you have one cause a peice of fabric came out of mine and caused a jamm in the fuel line also try taking yur fuel line off from the petcock put a cup can under it and turn it on if gas comes flowing out you ok if its sort of drips slowly either your fuel valve is jammed up or the openings are restricting flow and if all this doesnt work take the float off your carb and clean it out and clean the rest of the carb out while your at it

Last edited: