air coming out of the left side of a 4 stroke motor.

GoldenMotor.com

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
And clutch keeps completely burning up after 100 miles of riding.]

This is the 3rd clutch that has burned up on me in the last month and a hald and the 2nd time air has came out of the left side of my 4 stroke.

My other 4 stroke had this blowing air problem right before it seized up, also the clutch on that one broke aswell.

Help )":

I'm thinking the clutch burning up is due to a defective gear box because i took the old motors gear box and put it on my new motor. But Y is my new motor not Blowing air out of the left side?.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Relax, the fan that cools the engine blows from the right, and is channeled across the engine exiting out the left. That's how this 4-stroke engine is cooled.

Now how you go through clutches like chewing gum........now that......that is a mystery! I really can't help with that one as I've got 3,000+ miles on mine and the clutch looks hardly used.....I can't even imagine how you do it.

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
Hey sctto.

The bike was not blowing air out of the left side of the motor before, did it break in?.

Its blowing more air out of the left side of the motor than is coming out of the exhaust pipe.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
There is one reason and one reason alone as to why any clutch wears out prematurely, slippage. How often do you use the engine power alone from a dead stop and how much riding do you do where the engine isn't running fast enough for the clutch to be fully engaged do you do?

Like scotto- said, there is a FAN under the FAN shroud that blows AIR across the fins to COOL the engine.

Dude, your other engine sized up because you 1st grossly overfilled it with oil then you 2nd ran it with no oil. Do you even know how an engine works?

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
is there a washer that goes behind the clutch by any chance that would separate the clotch from the metal part around the tapered shaft?.

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
Sometimes I do. I won't anymore however lol.

No that couldn't be the whole problem, it wears down way to fast.

I figured it out however, the chain tensioner was too tight and causing alot more drag on the bike than there was suppose to be, Now it seems to speed up and glide much easier.

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
Update, I was wrong, the chain didn't fix it.

I tried pedaling it to 10 mph before using the throttle, it didn't do much, the clutch is now completely worn down to the metal in 20 just miles.. ):

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
something is definately wrong,,,
I am not running the same setup as you, but,,,
I have 6700+ miles on my clutch, the shoes aren't even worn across their entire face yet
and I never pedal unless the engine isn't running

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
Its very strange, the gear box seems to spin fine, there seems to be nothing wrong with the back wheel hrmm.

i did spin the back wheel and noticed the sprocket wasn't perfectly inline straight, its pretty straight tho. Just a tiny bit of a wobble, but when i'm peddling I don't notice much drag at all, nothing more than the weight of the chain on the back wheel. I installed the rear sprocket with one rubber disk when following instructions on a video, could that be causing the problem?.

I'm really at a loss, this problem doesn't even seem possible. Next step is to buy a new gear box and sprocket to see if that maybe causing the problem.

here is how i installed my sprocket.

is this the cause of my problem? http://www.youtube.com/user/grabir01#p/u/16/A-BOqnl-CX8

Last edited: