New member from San Juan Puerto Rico

GoldenMotor.com

boylove35

Jun 13, 2008
Hi, I just purchased my first bike kit. I have not started installation yet, but I hope it will be succesfull. Have any tips? I'll be glad to hear from you.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. What kind of kit did you get? The only advice I can offer is to start building. If you get stuck there's lots of folks here that would be more than happy to help you. Glad you joined us...........................

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum. i am over in st croix. my biggest advice is take your time installing the bicycle motor. don't be in any hurry and think things thru for i have not seen a kit yet that just bolts on. its worth the extra time spent to do it right the first time plus the first time it starts you will be grinning like you were a teenager getting your first car. glad you are with us
:ride2:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum :D

Have you decided on a 2-stroke, 4-stroke? Center mount, rack mount? friction drive, chain drive? Have any question's just ask, someone here alway's willing to help.
:ride2:

boylove35

Jun 13, 2008
Thank you all for your replies. I think I need a little help. I'm mounting the so called 80cc. Engine block was installed succcesfully. But when I was installing the clutch lever, I foun that it will not lock because it will hit the handel bar grip and it will not go any futher. This is a mountain bike therefore the handlebar is straight. does the clutch lever need to be mounted on a curved handelbar to work? I need some advise.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hi BL35,

Great to meet you. When you pull on the lever, are you pushing down the spring loaded button? It will only lock when you do.

boylove35

Jun 13, 2008
Hi Dan. Thanks for the info. I got the motor to start but it seems I can't get it to accelerate much.How far is the throtle suposed to turn?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Great feeling when she fires up for the first time, eh? After starting, did you adjust the choke? It is a small lever on back of the carb. After she starts and warms, it should be down.