Schwinn Delmar Build

GoldenMotor.com

Periapsiszero

Sep 4, 2010
Kansas City
I picked up a Delmar at my local Walmart, as it seemed like a good start. Put in the Black Grubee jet 66cc, and after considerably more time than anticipated, im putting around quite nice. tossed on a Schwinn digital speedometer, and ran new heavy brake cables to the clutch. and its a good start.

Im thinking about getting a better mount for the engine to level the carb, as well as move the seat back a few inches and paint it a 1940's era military matte green (keeping the whitewalls of course. Long term Id like to put a retro headlight and saddlebags.

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
that looks awesome. im going with the same bike as well this winter. putting a zone8 80cc on there. race carb and slant head eventually. and some cool lights and stuff as well. ive sat on the bike but only for a second, is the seat nice for long rides along with the bars?

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Nice build, My cruiser is a DelMar-no more I put a lay-back seat post and makes the riding much more comfortable, especially with the bars flipped.

Cheers

Periapsiszero

Sep 4, 2010
Kansas City
What modifications were needed to bolt the engine to that frame?
the universal mount from kings-motors. its just a u-bolt but it works. the engine sits angled just over the (now nonexistant) chain guard. the carb sits angles (working on a fix for that) but i like the low center of gravity on it.