Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes

Motorized Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes Motorize a full suspension mountain bike to get a smother ride or for a little more speed try motorized road bicycles. This section is for sharing ideas on motorizing your mountain and road bikes.

Old 05-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Location: oklahoma city,ok the cultural center of the universe
Default Re: Budget survival bike build

My opinion. These bikes ARE NOT survival vehicles. Especially those with cheesy Chinese 2-strokers. However a good 4-stroke bike built for reliability would be invaluable during hard times such as loss of income, hyper inflation or scarcity of fuel.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
Nine days since the OP went missing..... darn zombies must have got him.

another one bites the dust
Mm, what a shame. He would have made a great survivalist. Well, zombies won't get me. I keep my katanas sharp and my bows heavy.
Kletus, no bike can be a true survival vehicle. No vehicle can. Your best bet in a zombie apocalypse would be a horse. You can trade a horse for your life, food, supplies. You can sacrifice the horse to help you get out of a horde. A horse, with the right equipment can be lethal, stealthy, or a lure, but never two at the same time. A lethal horse will be equipped with heavy armor, and so would the rider. You need a Clydesdale for this. A stealthy horse will be equipped with boots to silence the hooves, and a muzzle to keep it quiet. The rider will have light armor, leather is most likely, and a scent blocker. A lure horse is just that. Noisy, and attractive to hordes. This horse will be equipped with high explosives to eliminate as many as possible while reducing the suffering of the horse. I prefer the Clydesdale because I will be hunting those zombies with a vengeance. I use swords and bows because they are silent, and can be repaired. The arrows can be retrieved. My arrowheads will be ejected from the shaft upon impact and detonate with shrapnel, shredding the brain, destroying the command center of the infection. I will be the one to rid the earth of that scourge, if humans don't destroy the planet first.

Last edited by xXNightRiderXx; 05-14-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:47 PM

Location: oklahoma city,ok the cultural center of the universe

Well, now that were getting insane-----I prefer my Dodge Ram diesel so's I can run em over. I pity that poor guy that started this thread, LOL, he'll probably never be back. If he does I would recommend he change his ID.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:27 PM

Heck no, we are just having a little fun and no slight is intended. But watch out he don't bite you.

4 stroke is probably the best choice for this application as they are more forgiving and not having to mix the fuel while there's a pack of zombies on your a$$.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kletus View Post
Well, now that were getting insane-----I prefer my Dodge Ram diesel so's I can run em over. I pity that poor guy that started this thread, LOL, he'll probably never be back. If he does I would recommend he change his ID.
You will eventually run out of fuel that you can either scavenge or pump. A horse runs on grass, apples, carrots, and the like.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Heck no, we are just having a little fun and no slight is intended. But watch out he don't bite you.

4 stroke is probably the best choice for this application as they are more forgiving and not having to mix the fuel while there's a pack of zombies on your a$$.
I agree, 4 strokes are the best because of the reliability.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXNightRiderXx View Post
I agree, 4 strokes are the best because of the reliability.
That they are.
But most people would want to use a motorized bicycle before the zombie apocalypse...

Something like this 4-stroke shifter with cargo baskets should keep you ahead of the zombies but still handy for quick store runs ;-}

If a zombie can catch you on that it is one frigg'n fast zombie so let him bite you, then you won't even need a motorized bike, you can run faster hehehe ;-}

Last edited by KCvale; 05-15-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:30 PM
Staff

Quote:

LoL, right, Chaz!? freakin zombies!!!

Quote:
My opinion. These bikes ARE NOT survival vehicles. Especially those with cheesy Chinese 2-strokers. However a good 4-stroke bike built for reliability would be invaluable during hard times such as loss of income, hyper inflation or scarcity of fuel.
Quote:
Quote:

Wish we had a "like" button!

Great points and ya just can't ignore that our brethren are coming up missing! Zombies I tell ya. ZOMBIES!!!!

wut?
Old 05-16-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:

Dang I though the zombies were only here in Georgia!
Old 05-16-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCvale View Post
That they are.
But most people would want to use a motorized bicycle before the zombie apocalypse...

Something like this 4-stroke shifter with cargo baskets should keep you ahead of the zombies but still handy for quick store runs ;-}

If a zombie can catch you on that it is one frigg'n fast zombie so let him bite you, then you won't even need a motorized bike, you can run faster hehehe ;-}
I would kill it before I let it increase the sprinter population.