Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Pre-Motorized Bicycle Information.

Pre-Motorized Bicycle Information. Before you mount that engine to your bicycle frame, you'll want to know if the bike is ready for the engine! Ask our experts here for advice on what will perform well.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default 2 stroke shift kit with 4 stroke engine

Sbp's 4 stroke kit is only available for the 49cc engines, so I was wondering, if I installed the 2 stroke kit onto the mount for, say, a 212, would it work? If I filled in the gap for the seat tube with a rubber plug, and installed the jackshaft mount the same way I would with a 2 stroke? Just curious, but I'm going to try anyway.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: 2 stroke shift kit with 4 stroke engine

I run a shift kit with a KTM 50 (9hp) and have had good results but Im pretty sure the torque of a 212 would be too much. I had a chain stretch issue on the secondary drive chain until I went to a wippermann chain. I also added a downhill mountain bike front chain guide to keep the final drive chain from jumping off but I only had that happen twice until the new guide.