Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles

Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles Trikes (tricycle) and recumbent bicycles can give the ultimate in comfort for cruising on long trips or just around town. Ad an engine and they will really turn some heads.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Indian Tadpole

Will the Tadpole be up on a center stand to pedal to start? I was thinking it is maybe too big to be easy enough to lift and have a center stand and how would it be stable enough?

I am pretty sure I understand the clutch with hand lever action is the same as before, just that the engine when pedal started will make the pedal freewheel so the faster running engine does not spin the pedals. Hense the special bearings added to modify the clutch.

Bump starting by holding in the clutch and letting it out to start the engine when going at a slow pedal rate across the ground is the way it will be started?
Old 04-26-2017, 06:38 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up

The clutch looks like a nice piece of engineering, Steve. I like the work station you made for the tri-car... handy and at a nice height.
SB
Old 04-26-2017, 06:54 PM

Hi M.T. Here is the video of Brian Stichter starting his Harley Davidson. This got me interested in having a clutch built. This is the way I'll start it but it can most certainly be pedaled on the ground and started by letting out the clutch.

Steve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx81T7GPtOs
Old 04-26-2017, 06:58 PM

The clutch is nice Silverbear. I'm more than pleased. The work bench will speed things up with the tri car. Wish I'd done it years ago.

Steve
Old 04-28-2017, 08:18 AM

Steve I've been a fan of the 3D clutch since go and now seeing Pat D. and yourself using it along with others is validation to my original enthusiasm. My dislike of cent. clutch goes way back to scooter and karting days and now the good ones are so expensive. For the first time I'm thinking of building a 4 stroke clone with the 3D clutch because I won't have to pull start the darned thing. I'm addicted to pedal start tech lol. I really don't even like the kick start option on my 5 speed Honda clone Simplex and Harley bikes though they work well. I really like to pedal and putt away and it always brings smiles to those who watch and the Old guy as well.

Steve the two tri cars are really going to be awesome! Rick C.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:20 PM

Thanks Rick. I've found my enthusiasm once again. It was hiding behind the couch all this time. Of course I only found it because I was looking for loose change. I really can't wait to get the tri cars going to see what we have built. I also can't wait to see what kind of havoc seeing two old guys riding around on tri cars does to the public.

The great part is that they are visually different from each other so it's not like seeing the same thing twice. The 3D clutch is going to make the difference for the Indian tri car. Solved a major problem.

Steve.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:23 PM

Here is the other tri car we are talking about. You'll need to go back to the beginning.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread...ewpost&t=32998

Steve.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:03 PM

I'm back. Nothing photo worthy for a day or two. Engine needs to come out and get cleaned up and the frame needs paint touching up as well as the seat and chain stays need painting since they were replaced.

The rolling table makes it so much easier to work on it and I can roll the whole thing outside now to get decent photos.

Onward

Steve.

http://s866.photobucket.com/user/spe...tml?sort=3&o=0