China Motor Stock Muffler Mods

GoldenMotor.com

Quanah

Dec 13, 2008
Central, Illinois
Has anyone cut apart one of these stock mufflers? I was wondering if there are more baffles inside, or what you see when you remove the end cap is all there is. I stuffed a little steel wool in the end of mine a few days ago, to try to quiet it down a little...which it did. I can't tell of any power loss. I've heard of people drilling holes in the end cap, or maybe the stinger pipe on the inside of the muffler. Does anyone else have any modifications to try to get more power from these restrictive pipes?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Cut off the inner pipe to about two inches for stage one, remove it completely and open up the end stage two, and gut the muffler completely for stage three.

Quanah

Dec 13, 2008
Central, Illinois
What I would like to achieve is power gain, plus quietness...two things that don't necessarily go hand in hand. Thanks for the reply maniac57.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
What I would like to achieve is power gain, plus quietness...two things that don't necessarily go hand in hand. Thanks for the reply maniac57.
Get an expansion chamber exhaust, they do both, as much as a half horsepower gain.

Quanah

Dec 13, 2008
Central, Illinois
I'd like to put on a chamber, but it would look out of place on a board track themed bike. Maybe "Function before Fashion"would override here.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Hide the cone in a shroud, like a copper tank somewhere up front or some type of box maybe?