Hello motorbikers

GoldenMotor.com

boxkite

Mar 3, 2014
Fillmore Indiana
Hello motorbikers.
Wow! I need to make me one of these lil' bad machines.
My brother has a old 70's Schwinn varsity he put a 80cc kit on last year. It runs & rides fine, but it just don't have the look.
So it's been a long cold winter here in Indiana, so I decided I want to make one of these for the up coming spring/summer. I didn't know how big this hobby was until I started searching the web. The board trackers are really cool & vintage looking. But they look like they might be hard on my old back. lol. So I'm thinking I want to do a bobber from a 26" beach cruiser. Not sure what bike I want to start with. But as soon as I figure it out I'll be ordering one. So far online I been looking at Micargi, Greenline, Fito, Schwinn and others. I'm thinking something with a extended frame would be a good choice because I'm 6' tall & 180 lbs. Felt has some cool cruisers, but they are out of my price range. Any ideas on a good bike for under $200. ?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hello boxkite and welcome to our motorized bicycle community, biggest thing i have found with my motorized bikes is comfort, test ride everything you are looking to purchase then go from their, i find that suspension forks on a cruiser or stretch bicycle makes all the difference in the world, as far as motors their is lots of choices out their. i am riding an electric bicycle so could can't give you a good recommendation on a 2 stroke motor but others here have lots of experience, great to have you with us and hope you enjoy the forum

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I think Firmstrong makes cruisers for tall guys. There are some websites that sell them.