Denver Area Ride VII - Saturday April 28th

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I have an emergency that may or may not prevent me from coming today. I'm going to try and get things wrapped up before then and get a ride into Denver, I have most of everybody's phone numbers I'll call someone to inform the group if I'm on the way.

Last edited:

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
Re: Denver Area Ride VII - Saturday April 28th 2012

The best thing about a ride is the people you meet.
Now I know some of Wheat Ridge's finests....

It was a great time sans the heat.
They didn't know what to think and had a hard time figuring out these were bicycles.
A warning ticket............. and admitted they did not know what all the laws were!

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
love the pic so looks like wheatridge is out of the question oh well

the cop to left was shrek he realy wanted to bow up on us all till that little old lady told him to queit up

just wanted to add 2/5ths of the riders today were from the springs just saying lol

all in all still had alot of fun

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
yea springs represents, have to ride there soon, make it good for a 49 OK.
I will come up just let me know..
Mark

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I was expecting more of us but what can you do. I had fun meeting the new guys and seeing some old friends, I hope that we can do this again soon with a bigger roster. Those MFing cops they have nothing better to do, if that's how they want to be we'll just stay east of Sheridan Blvd. and they can go shove something somewhere. I liked seeing the predator 99cc in action. We raced few times and I can honestly say the HS and predator are just as fast from 0-30mph, from 30mph and up and on hills... the predator walks everytime. I think I'll be making the switch in the near future.

Till next month my friends (^)

Frank

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sorry I missed this one but had some personal problems that took precedent over a bike ride. Maybe it's a good thing I wasn't there. If you guys had law enforcement problems I'm sure they wouldn't have been impressed with my chopper.

I'll call you later today, Frank to get the details about your run in with the boys and girls in blue.
Tom

XFITcruizer

Apr 26, 2012
Wyoming
Oh my! I cant believe I just found out about this the day after! I wish I knew, I so would have come. My bike is only a week old, but this would have been a great learning experience. I live in Wyoming and haven't met anyone else with a Mo-bike yet. I hope I stay informed on the next trip, I want to ride with some others! r.ly.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Oh my! I cant believe I just found out about this the day after! I wish I knew, I so would have come. My bike is only a week old, but this would have been a great learning experience. I live in Wyoming and haven't met anyone else with a Mo-bike yet. I hope I stay informed on the next trip, I want to ride with some others! r.ly.
Keep watching this thread for updates.

Tom

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
shouldnt be to much of a comute for you i do it from the springs

denver has some realy amazeing bike trails

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
So what exactly happened that a "warning" was issued ? My oldest lives in Arvada very close to the Wheat Ridge city limit and that's where I stay when I ride down from Fort Collins.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
So what exactly happened that a "warning" was issued ? My oldest lives in Arvada very close to the Wheat Ridge city limit and that's where I stay when I ride down from Fort Collins.
A warning was issued. The fuzz gave us a one day pass to get out of their jurisdiction. For now we probably won't be riding much in Wheat Ridge, they said "they are not legal on the greenbelts or for road use" pretty much making them illegal in that greedy part of the metro area. They really didn't know much about them so they just said that they're illegal, go figure. Those putz's laff

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
me and shawn went from the springs up into manitou other than every yahoooo saying cool bike (couple cute girls ) we checked out the springs but the best part since its the day before cinco de mayo every cop in colorado must be out today we drove past about a dozen they all just looked at us and kept going a couple gave us the nod just shows the difrent in thinking from area to area .