New problems

GoldenMotor.com

CruisinOCMD

Jan 18, 2011
OCMD
I have a Skyhawk super rat 80CC with an NT carb and it ran amazing for a long time but now when i first start it i feel air pushing out of the side of the engine then it goes away should i just replace the head gasket or could it be something worse. also now it runs great for about 10 minutes then slowly dies to where it wont run at all whats the deallllll?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I have a Skyhawk super rat 80CC with an NT carb and it ran amazing for a long time but now when i first start it i feel air pushing out of the side of the engine Where??? around the head gasket then it goes away should i just replace the head gasket or could it be something worse. also now it runs great for about 10 minutes then slowly dies to where it wont run at all whats the deallllll?
Have you taken a compression test yet?

onanysunday

Apr 21, 2011
St. Paul
Is there a bunch of gas/oil residue on the side of the engine that is leaking? If so, maybe you can try tightening your cylinder heads bolts a little in a star pattern (but don't strip them) or if that doesn't work you can buy some new engine gaskets and torque down the cylinder head nuts to proper tension to help make an airtight seal.