Who rides to work?

GoldenMotor.com

CHIPS X

Jul 13, 2009
South Central Minneapolis
markeatmark, what setup do you have and how does it fare in the rain? I just rode 12 miles on my standard commute bike and was daydreaming of my new setup. Can they handle the rain? Chips

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Work!?!? What is this work thing you speak of? *sigh* I am now starting my second week of unemployment. I'm bored and there are no jobs to be had! It is also too freaking hot outside to go riding! :(

BTW Unior you have got to love Lancaster County! Where else could you find a town named "Intercourse" that is located half way between "Blue Ball" and "Paradise" and isn't all that far from "Bird-in-Hand"?

unior

Jun 18, 2009
Lancaster, PA
BTW Unior you have got to love Lancaster County! Where else could you find a town named "Intercourse" that is located half way between "Blue Ball" and "Paradise" and isn't all that far from "Bird-in-Hand"?
Lol yeah its not bad. I grew up in Paradise. You just have to have a bike that handles well so you can dodge all the horse ****! .wee.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I usually work between 2 and 20 miles from home, depending on the day. But if it is nice weather I'll ride my MB. Save some money and miles on my car.

Sometimes I get caught out it the rain though. I rode through some pretty heavy downpour today. Ick. At least my bike doesn't care about getting wet :D

TheMotheMan

Jun 14, 2009
Southern Minnesota
I will be riding my bike more to work now that I got it the way I want it mostly. I'm having problems with a front light, may have to check out Norman's light. I had it working but I must have shorted the resistors again, maybe need to use a regulator. My tail light is fine, but anyway, back to the riding. I commute 14 miles one way to work, with a couple small hills in there.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
I ride to work daily and sometimes home for lunch. Each round trip is approx six miles. My stats: 49cc china-Powerking two stroke, 44T, 26" single speed cruiser, Front suspension & brakes, 30 MPH top speed, 750 in town miles since 08/2009.
...and your ride is even more impressive because it takes place in the future .

Last edited:

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I put another 60 miles at least on mine today. I love being able to put around all day on less than $1 of gas.

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
HTs? may I ask how they died?
High mileage .rd. I usually leave the V8 at home and ride just about everyday of the week covering about 30miles/day. On the average each engine has lasted me about 8000miles. The current one I got on my bike is a Skyhawk 48cc the best one Ive had so far.. looks like its going to outlast all the other previous engines Ive had :D

Last edited:

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
Rings and cylinders in both engines. first one had deep score in the cylinder wall and there was only a small amount of compression enough to last 2 seconds before it always quickly died again.. had to push the bike 3 hours in the middle of hot day! not fun at all..

The second one stopped completely after doing a burnout on some dirt.. lucky I wasnt too far from home otherwise I would have probably just left it there :p

Both engines lasted me a long time but this one that I got is going really strong, plenty of compression and has already something like 6000-7000 miles on it :D must have done a good job running it in..

Last edited:

CrankyPoodler

Aug 5, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
When I had a job, I rode the bike to and from it every day. Now that I'm looking for one, I put about 20-30 miles on the bike a day. Riding across town at night is fun, too. :)

Started because my license got suspended (three times over) and needed a way to get around that didn't involve Tucson's "mass transit" joke busses.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I can't imagine having my license suspended. For one, you can't even get to my house in the winter without 4wd and snow tires, and two, I just love driving my car.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
i do about 30kms a day to and from work on approx 1 liter + 40 ml of mix oil wide open both ways.

the co-workers love it! AND! when i go out at lunch to go to the store i dont have to get into a roasting hot sunbaked car haha

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
I try to ride two to three times a week. It's approximately 14 miles round trip. I've had to call the wife once though......I forgot to chck the gas.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Mine works great in the rain too.... It seems to go a lot faster in the rain. But that may be because I beat harder on it in the rain to get home faster lol