Building my bike

GoldenMotor.com

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
Thanks guys.
Just waiting on the hub and sprocket from Manic Mechanic to get here, they siad about 2 weeks. So I get to see it just sitting there untill then, which is a drag

George

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Are you running a front brake ? My adult son has one of those models and it was not sold with one . We were thinking of adding a motor to it after his sons get tired of playing with it . That may be awhile . Sure would like to see more pics of it as you progress . Did you make your own mount , looks great.

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
Lefty,
This one did not come with a front breake. Found a disk fronrt wheel and brake setup off of craigslits and going to put that on. Yes I did make the mount I will get some more pics on it later

Thanks George

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Looks good George. Did you end up setting your motor about 7/8" off center? That is what worked best for me. I see in the last picture you have another OCC. I have another one that is going to be a winter project. It also came with out a front brake so it is getting a disk up front.
I will be interested to hear if you end up using the stock seat. I tried it but couldn't stand it. Had to go with a cruiser seat and laid back seat post.

John

Attachments

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
John
Did do the off center thing. Theres one more in front of the jeep,I got my eye on a 3 speed right now. As far as the seat, I moved the seat post about 4" if ya look real hard.
Right now Iam looking for some buckhorn bars with about a 6 to 8" rise and 12" set back
All the ones I have found they want about 100.00 for.

George

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
John
Did do the off center thing. Theres one more in front of the jeep,I got my eye on a 3 speed right now. As far as the seat, I moved the seat post about 4" if ya look real hard.
Right now Iam looking for some buckhorn bars with about a 6 to 8" rise and 12" set back
All the ones I have found they want about 100.00 for.

George
Oh, I did,'t realize you moved the seat back. You will probably be alright sitting back. I use the 10 inch riser bars pulled back slightly. They sit just perfect. I buy them from Niagra Cycle Works for around $10. I like them so well I put them on all my bikes.

John

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
Now thats what Im talkin about. Man you just keep coming up with all the good stuff.
What were you thinking about on the freont disc?

George