mac 2825 help

GoldenMotor.com

meatheadz

Nov 25, 2008
michigan
hey yall.

I just got a Mac 2825 weed whacker engine. Paid 15$ because the cord would not retract. So I have it all apart, but I cant get the flywheel off to get to the spring and pullcord. how does this thing come off?? :confused:

thanks, Troy

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Is there a nut in the center, you've removed it and still the flywheel won't come off?

Take a hammer, and give the end of the shaft (with the nut threaeded back on just enough to cover the threads) a "smart blow" as they say. That's between a love tap and a good smack.... it should pop the flywheel loose.

meatheadz

Nov 25, 2008
michigan
hey,,,

I have beat the ever loving heck out of it. There was no nut though just the large shaft and the wheel. I can see the messed up spring and rope pully behind it all. I just cant get this wheel off. It just spins and spins. Do I need a puller??

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
Down inside that shaft there is probably a torx or allen bolt, small enough to drive you insane if you don't ahve the right sized screwdriver but a changeable bit driver. The changing bit driver won't fit down in...

BTW that is your clutch bell, your fly wheel is under that.

meatheadz

Nov 25, 2008
michigan
excellent!! thanks. I had to look down the shaft with a tiny light to see the thing. I does look hex-like in there. now to try to find that stupid hex wrench.

thanks, Troy

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
What we have here is a failure to communicate.... pictures always get the point across... I should send pictures more often than I do.