Hello from San Antonio,Texas

GoldenMotor.com

Jetenginethrust

Oct 14, 2008
San Antonio,Texas
Hello everyone.I'm new to the forum but have been reading & learning alot about these bikes here in the last week when I came across you through a Google search when I thought about putting an engine on one of my bikes. I just bought a Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser bike at Wal-Mart yesterday(Close out at $99.00 bucks!) ,& ordered a Stage III Gru-Bee 4 stroke install kit from bicycle-engines.com for same price as stageII !($199.99)(The complete kits with engines are in also now,but is extra for the stage III gearbox).I also ordered a Honda GXH50QHA from smallenginewarehouse.com for $225.95 including shipping.I made my decision by reading all the great forums & search functions about these kits & bikes here.Very glad I did the research first or I would have probably bought a very inferior kit.I'm an Airframe and Powerplant Mech(Aircraft Mechanic) by trade,home for a while with a bad back.I'll try & post pics when i'm done & try to be helpfull to anyone with questions.I cant wait to put it together !

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Well Howdy neighbor! I'm just down the road from ya' Bad back, yea I know. I plan on goin to see the Xmas lights on the river walk again this year. Welcome to the crew :) I'm 128 miles south of The Alamo, C.C. tx. And no I'm not some hick rotfl A & P. Good way to make a buck. These little bikes are the most fun you can have with your clothes on! I leave @ just about daybreak and arrive in S.A. a little after noon. Hope to see ya some time. Tramp (c)

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Welcome Jetenginethrust

I too have fond but fuzzy memories of San Antonio . There were 6 of us on a road trip in a van from Canada . The lights were a little fuzzy on the river walk after the long tour of the Lone Star brewery .

Me (when I had hair) in 1977 on Commerce St.

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
To Jetenginethrust: I just joined myself. The bike, gearbox and motor are the exact same ones I purchased only it looks like you shopped around and got a better deal on the motor and the bike. I couldn't find the bike anywhere in minnesota in stores so I had to get it online and I'm still waiting for it. The kit I have came with a three piece replacement crank for the bike but I was told it needs a conversion kit. The guy at bicycle-engines was almost possitive he knew what I needed to convert my one piece but for the same price in parts I could just get a one piece wide crank from him. Anyway, hopefully I'll have everything soon and I can ride it before the snow flies and post some photo's. If you have any helpfull hints you've experienced putting yours together I'll look forward to reading them.

Fred

Sep 25, 2008
Thanks for the heads up last week about the parts in stock at bicycle engines. I was able to buy a mount kit and then a honda gxh50cc from small engine warehouse. should be here by the end of the week I hope all goes well with it. How is your's going so far?

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
I have the gearbox mounted.I found some 10w high temp gear oil through amsoil. That was what the manual with the gearbox recomended, along with the grease directly on the gears. I've Kreemed the gas tank, so it won't rust inside. I got the three part Kreem system from a motorcycle dealer. I also found the paint that matches the ruby red metalic color of the point beach cruiser from walmart. It's made by Testors. it's number 1629. I got it from a hobby craft store called Micheals it also may be at Walmart if not it's online if you want to match the color of your tank and chain guard. It's an enamel base so you need to get the right clear that's resistant to gas spills because the paint itself apparently isn't. Also I bought some of that liquid rubber dip for dipping tools to coat the parts of the kit that will come in contact with the frame so it won't chip or scratch it and it comes in red so it will blend in more some black rubber inner tube. I ordered a cool chrome springer front fork and some other accessories for the bike I hope to get soon.

Medicsgirl

Mar 11, 2012
San Antonio
I am also in San Antonio, and am getting very close to getting my first bike and engine. I was told to go to bikeberry.com, but every one of their motorized diy kits are sold out. Can any one else recommend a good company that has the bike and engine kits? I already found a builder (lets hope he does not back out or I will be back on this thread asking for someone to do it for me). Is there hope for me? I am so close, yet so far. . .lol