This is the kit I'm getting, it's not gonna explode on me, is it?

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Every kit is a crap shoot. Some are awesome for 2000+ miles, some last 200 feet.
That's why it is best to buy from a reputable vendor that will warranty a bad engine or at least supply the repair parts free. Sometimes they will even help you diagnose the problem over the phone!

Thats Dax and Pirate Cycles are good. I am sure that other folks will chime in with other good vendors too.

Remember, quality is not cheap and cheap is not quality.

Read my "signature" line too.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Another california seller?! Hot dang! And the price ain't bad either! That seller might be hearing from me very soon!

His eBay rating looks really good. No reason not to give it a try! And no, it's not going to explode, but taking example from a few recent threads, be careful not to let fuel leak on to a hot engine! Replace your fuel line as soon as possible!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Gearnut is right on the crap shoot statement, but there are more good ones than bad ones I believe.

(Bad ones die in the hands of good MB builders & good ones die in the hands of bad MB builders)

Many good engines have bit the dust from poor actions during and after the build......take time to build it right based on the large amount of very helpful/useful information you have at your finger tips right here on this forum.

I see no reason to believe this is a bad kit, the add says that these engines have been test run for at least 10 minutes, so if this is true and the people testing them refuse to box an engine that is rattling or acting up in any way, you should be getting an OK set up.

just remember that upgrading the mounting hardware with at least grade 5 bolts/studs will really help to make sure your engine is solidly mounted and will stay where you put it and not be breaking studs right from the start.

I've looked at this kit myself and wondered how well these engines will actually perform compared to others.

Best wishes.....!

Peace, map

NEW 80CC 2-Stroke Gas Engine Motor Kit For Bicycle Bike | eBay

Just wanted to post the kit I was getting before I got it, just in case it happened to be a horrible horrible kit and some of you could save me from disaster or something.

Basically I Wanted the cheapest kit I could get and hopefully get something that will last me at least a year

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I woiuld spend the extra $20 to get it from bikeberry or gasbikes.
Neither of those sellers are reliable or ethical in the way they do business IMHO and many others for that matter.

I would personally never spend a dime with either of them based on all the horror stories I've read about how they are in the business end.

Many very unsatisfied customers............

Peace, map

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Me? I'd go with thatsdax for my purchases. Duane stands behind his products and he is a stand-up guy.

I had a problem with one of his motors and he replaced it no questions asked.

Sounds like I am a cheerleader for him, but once you find someone that provides good service-you stick with him.

Good service might cost a few pennies more, but in the long run-it's totally worth it.