King's motor ripoff

GoldenMotor.com

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
I had ongoing problems with king. Im tired of talking about it. They actualy threatened physical violence on me if i went to their warehouse. It was a warrantee issue. I was well within my rights. Im buying a grubee next. who sells the best motors?
sounds like bikeberry too

Bmetz

Sep 21, 2009
Indiana
Bikeberry is in downtown LA. They won't ship to Cali but they will sell you a bike if u stop by the warehouse. I tried to order awhile back and no one would answer the phone.

If I had to do it again I should have ordered a complete bike from spooky tooth as with the cash I already spent I could have gotten a better one from spooky.

lilhog

Dec 25, 2008
florida
Thanks for kings address but I try to be a karma guy not a "tough guy". Even the best motors are cheap and ALL the other companies seem to be VERY cool.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I ordered a Grubee engine kit and some other parts from Gasbike.net and everything was cheap and arrived fast and still runs great and i will order more in the future from them. Sorry to hear about your problems. You may want to buy a scooter already built that comes with a warranty from a local place near you.

lilhog

Dec 25, 2008
florida
Buy a scooter? thats no fun. I only posted the kings thing because it was soooo over the top. Maybe I can save some else from the unprofessionalism.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Buy a scooter? thats no fun. I only posted the kings thing because it was soooo over the top. Maybe I can save some else from the unprofessionalism.
I didn't mean to make it sound like you should give up on MB's. It just seems you have had an abnormal, bad, experience with the whole thing.

Engine vibration is a tough thing to describe due to the fact that each of us has a different experience level with engines in general.

Here are 2 examples:

I get a call from a newbie who has just finished assembling his bike. He's telling me that his engine is really vibrating, but he's seen the threads that vibration is normal. He has owned motorcycles, and knows engines. He asks if he can bring it to the shop to see what I think. I get on it and quickly realize "this engine is done". It was vibrating so badly, that the bike really wasn't rideable.

Newbie #2 calls with the same concern. He brings his to the shop...I ride it, and it has the typical vibration about midway up the RPM range that smoothes out at cruise. His is normal. He had no experience with single cylinder 2-stroke engines, so to him the vibration was terrible.

I would well imagine that the resellers of these kits have to contend with this daily, and try to sort out who is really having a problem. I'm certainly not defending anyone...especially if they threatened to beat you up, or some other childish comment that falls within the realm of threatening physical violence.

Jim

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I bought my first two engine kits off of ebay. I didnt know about this forum at the time. Since I have purchased parts from Dax, Spooky tooth, and Sbp and they are all top notch. I will not buy from ebay again, in fact I'm waiting patiently to see when the stage kits might be available from Pirate- really seems like a great compilation of parts from some very talented people. I am really looking forward to it.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
ok , i just ran across this ( RIDLEY VINTAGE MOTORBIKES )

man this guy gonna be rich , he,s selling china girls for a rediculusly low price $599 for the 70cc - and $625 for the 49cc

someone please go put crazyglue in this guys HUMMER H3 door locks

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Sort of glad posted to this thread, bringing it into focus again.

It seems if your order with King Motors or GasBike.net and everything comes as expected, you are fine.

On the other hand if they mess up the order then you are screwed. You may notice that ther ads here dont really even say the company name in the picture part of the ad. You find out it is King or Gas when you click through.

I wonder home many store credits they have issued, knowing that yhey will never be used Anything you can say bad about either of these guys or the parent company are probably true. They also sell Sky Puppets.

Oh yeah, I have a $20 credit waiting to be used.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Could it be that the $600.00 motor add uses king or gas as a middle man?,,,you order from him,he pockets $400 and has the motorshiped from king too you ,,(or shipped too him and he ships too you?.:confused:...Better yet ,,,"it is a fake add site,and when you see the prices at the king site -you go buy the cheaper motor from king,,Isnt that bate and switch ,,,in reverse?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Anyway think,,,is king or gas the creators of the $600.00 site,(or affiliated with),either way they sell the engine,one way is just much more profitable

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Anyway think,,,is king or gas the creators of the $600.00 site,(or affiliated with),either way they sell the engine,one way is just much more profitable

No, they are not connected....rid ley is a high priced butt jewelry boutique-y bike place and they sell to "discerning customers" who like to pay waaaay too much for their purchases.

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
No, they are not connected....rid ley is a high priced butt jewelry boutique-y bike place and they sell to "discerning customers" who like to pay waaaay too much for their purchases.
Here's a little factual info about "Kings Bike bla bla". It's in van nuys, california . I went over there and bought 3 motors with Rockvoice bout 4 months ago. They don't sell to california folks but, with a little persuasion we got it done. Point is; that place is an import/export business. They have hundreds of products comin in and goin out of their warehouse. The MB motors are just one of their products. I used my ATM card to pay and it was charged "National Unlimited LLC". We bought two 48cc and one 66cc. The motors performed great.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Well if anyone wants to try to get the $20 credit they promised me they surely can apply it towards any purchase I did notice National Unlimited LLC is what was on my receipt I guess the unlimited stands for the amount of lack of care for customer satisfaction.