stuff that tends to brake?

GoldenMotor.com

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
I already need some small stuff from DAX. Plus I will upgrade to #41 chain if the chain I got from Dan ever fails. So I got some stuff for that. Is there a anything else I should add to the list. What small parts have stopped you guys? I'd hate to be down for a small part so I'm trying to think in advance. If I get it up over $50 free shipping!

Page Title
cable stop .99 x 5 = 4.95 (somewhere said it was good idea to cut them don't do that LOL)
415 Chain Master Link. $1.39 x 3 = 4.17 (lost keeper)
engine sprocket $9.49 (for #41 upgrade)
Clutch Hub puller tool. $3.75 (not in kit)
High Performance Spark Plug. $4.49 (why not? need to get up to $50)
Throttle Cable Type P 4.75 x 2 9.50 (cant get it at wally)
Total 36.35

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ozz,
How about a couple of cable stops for the clutch cable? They're small things but when you need them...you need them.
Tom

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
A spare mag and CDI is not a bad thing to have.
I thought mags and CDI's were pretty durable. Cowboy had a problem with his though.

Ozz,
How about a couple of cable stops for the clutch cable? They're small things but when you need them...you need them.
Tom
They are on the list as cable stops. I already screwed up mine. LOL

081 BMX Bicycle chains and #41 chain are the same thing??

Last edited:

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I thought mags and CDI's were pretty durable. Cowboy had a problem with his though.

They are on the list as cable stops. I already screwed up mine. LOL

081 BMX Bicycle chains and #41 chain are the same thing??
The factory 415 chain is supposed to be stronger than a BMX chain
No way is factory supplied chain stronger than a good BMX chain.
I purchased a .081 sprocket from dax to use a BMX chain for a stock engine it is GOOD enough , plus you can use a wally world chain breaker.
When i added some power adding mods they made the BMX chain pull apart. I switched to a 420 chain as my local stores do not carry the number 41 chain..
A number 41 chain is slightly weaker rated than a 415 chain. Using American made chain is hard to do as no one sells it locally only Chinese made chain.
A 420 chain is super wide .

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
Ozz,
Tom
yeah i needed one tonight. thank god auto zone was within sight...had to cut the cable to get one of there stops on and that made it to short to engage the clutch but at least i could peddle home!!

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
420 chain WILL fit. I'm using it after crap chinese chain exploded(!) under load, makes a bit of noise at first as it wears clearance in sprocket cover but it does fit. Much stronger too!

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Using anything other than a 415 chain seems like a bad idea. I'd probably avoid any kits that are coming with a standard bicycle chain, unless you're prepared to pay separately for a heavy duty 415 chain.

Cable stop can be replaced with a 1/16" wheel collar from the hobby store. I still have the first one on my bike that I got months ago. Works just fine and super cheap. Why pay shipping for just one cable stop?

Clutch cable can be replaced with the Bell brake replacement kit, which I've found at Wall Mart. One of the few Bull products I've bought that actually did what it claimed and didn't break.

New fuel line is good too.