1914 Ixion Model A Motorcycle

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Moto,
Check out some of the details: Carbide gas headlamp, foot operated rear brake, super sprung saddle. It wouldn't be hard to duplicate some of those features and build a period bike from a modern frame...Hmmmm, now where could I find a Carbide headlamp?
Thanks for sharing. That's a lovely bike.
Tom

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Moto,
Check out some of the details: Carbide gas headlamp, foot operated rear brake, super sprung saddle. It wouldn't be hard to duplicate some of those features and build a period bike from a modern frame...Hmmmm, now where could I find a Carbide headlamp?
Thanks for sharing. That's a lovely bike.
Tom
That was my thought exactly. Since the motors now are cheaper than the bikes LOL!, I think I'll get a Grubee 66cc next payday.

This bike is more what I'm shooting for, check out the fenders!

Attachments

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I'd love to do a vintage looking build, it would be fun. I found an old Model T squeeze bulb horn at the antique store a while back that would be awesome on one. But alas, the funds only allow so many projects.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That 1914 Indian is a neat bike. Reading through the forum I came across this link. Replicas of old bikes fitted with china 2 strokes.

Deuce Custom Bicycles - any way you want it
Red,
Did you notice that they flipped the negative on that one Indian photo. I was trying to figure out the sprocket arrangement then flipped the photo in Photoshop. Then it made sense.The Indian logo is backwards in their picture; that's what clued me.
Tom

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The resourcefulness of early motorcycle builders fascinates me because there were no "motorcycle" parts in production. Nice pic.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
That was my thought exactly. Since the motors now are cheaper than the bikes LOL!, I think I'll get a Grubee 66cc next payday.

This bike is more what I'm shooting for, check out the fenders!
Interesting fork setup and basic rear fender design.