Vintage Colors

GoldenMotor.com

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Don't you sleep? lol Yah..I've been told the same thing. They make a great show piece until you ride it. I saw a dark tan set before, I'm not sure where but they would also look good.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Harry,
It's all about the stickers. I have been using full panel stickers and learning how to get them made and how to apply them. Tanks are one color, then stickers on top.

Couple of Racers by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr
I didnt realize that blue one had panel stickers until I read this thread. Excellent idea. The red bike is my favorite, just beautiful. Are the gold decals easy to apply?

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I didnt realize that blue one had panel stickers until I read this thread. Excellent idea. The red bike is my favorite, just beautiful. Are the gold decals easy to apply?
Those gold decals were a different material and very difficult to apply. I only had one set and was sweating the install. The gold was just very soft and because of all the small details in the wings they didn't want to easily release from the backing paper. The panel stickers go on nicely. Just be careful to get them straight. Even 1/2 degree misalignment when you start means it's pretty far off when you get to the other end.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Those gold decals were a different material and very difficult to apply. I only had one set and was sweating the install. The gold was just very soft and because of all the small details in the wings they didn't want to easily release from the backing paper. The panel stickers go on nicely. Just be careful to get them straight. Even 1/2 degree misalignment when you start means it's pretty far off when you get to the other end.
yeah I hear ya on that one, had some misadventures with decals myself. had a set for an enfield cafe racer that I did, for the ped slicer on the front guard. got it wrong, had to strip off, sand back, re paint, & re order the decals from England. needless to say i was much more careful the 2nd time.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
the main thing if u do decide to do that, is to check that the decal is compatible. speaking from experience. Ive had the ink run on them before, after spraying over them.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I added two leather straps and a bag to carry my phone and wallet.
Nice bike. Im interested to know more about the other stuff in the picture.... thats a very nice looking helmet, but what are those other things? Do they go over your ankle/shins? Where did you get all that stuff? It looks almost like a matching set yet looks very old...... be cool to see a picture of you riding the bike with all that gear on.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Looks great! I love the tie in with the old helmet and calf covers. Also the leather bag looks great sitting on top of the tank like that.