How's your weather in 2011?

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Yesterday (June 21 2011) was the official start of summer.
Well, it's here in Phoenix all right.
This is a shot of the 7 day forecast on TV this morning at 5AM and 84º.

Yep, 113ºF (45ºC) in the afternoon, and it doesn't get below the mid 80's at night here most of the week with no relief until Monsoon season.
It is bone dry single digit humidity now so it is not a sticky heat, it is more like a blast furnace motorized biking it at 40+ MPH after 2PM.

Maybe it's time to devise a little swamp cooler for the handlebars to keep me cooled off?

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
Winter 10/11 was the coldest in 100 years, this Summer is turning out to be one of the hottest / driest in about that long as well. So dry, in fact, we have two major wild fires in the area (48,000 acres).

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
In south Louisiana we have set several all time highs this spring already. That's only one of the reasons I have moved to Aberdeen, WA. The highs here are usually in the low 60's.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Im glad everyone is having good weather. It has been raining only on My days off for like 2 months.... its getting pretty old

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
The weather have effing blowed. Have a tornado go through the middle of he town here makes men it like 2011 weather. It's been real hot and thunderstormed and rained yesterday. I witnessed a micro burst yesterday.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
When I was in Cali for the race I ran around with my gear on all day in the sun. Felt like spring to me up there. Never broke a sweat until I came off the track from racing.

I showed the mods how hot it gets in my shed where I work on my bikes, I think a few thought I doctored it up lol.

I love the heat! Bring it on! I rode all day yesterday I think it was like 111* or something.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
san diego has the best weather. or no weather its 72 deg everyday summer or winter. just no jobs. so coast is nice but bairdco has the only affordable housing their.

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
Sunny skies and upper 70s to lower 80s for daily highs and mid 50s to lower 60s for the nightly lows here in Boise for the next week.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I showed the mods how hot it gets in my shed where I work on my bikes, I think a few thought I doctored it up lol.

I love the heat! Bring it on! I rode all day yesterday I think it was like 111* or something.
Me too, but I have my limits.

It was a little after 6PM when I went out back in the direct sun to see if I could salvage a clutch lever from one of the burnt up bikes and I only lasted about 10 minutes before coming coming back in and getting this screen shot of the current weather.

Ya, it's a little warm out back on the dirt lot surrounded by a 7' block wall with no shade.

I always have to smile with weather reports of the Heat Index.

Sure, in the Southern US humidity makes things feel hotter because your sweet doesn't cool you, kind of like the wind chill factor in the North, but for my heat index to say it 'feels' like it is only 102F (38.9C) in my backyard right now because it is only 5% humidity is about as lame as it gets.

I have lived here in the desert for ~45 years because I hate the cold and I know 'how it feels' outside. 30 frigg'n inches of barometric preasure in direct sunlight felt like 120F to me, and I know what that feels like, I was here and outside when we hit 122F several years back.

That's OK, it can wait until 5 in the morning when it dips down to a chilly 87 and no sun. The house is at comfortable 73 inside and I have plenty of cold beverages ;-}