most efficent and powerfull little motors

GoldenMotor.com

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi
Just getting back into this hobbie although when I did it befor it was a bussiness. Now just to amuse myself. So the million dollar question what are the best motors..I know there has to be alot of them . Can anybody Help
give me proven choices........I would appricate it...In the 36 to 48 volt range
Thanks Flex Man
I have a new briggs E TECH but I know that way old technology.......and 3 -12s 10p lithium packs..
Please help me.....

Last edited:

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Hello flex man,
& welcome back to the "hobby"
The Large format brushless motors from Astro are very popular with the folks building some High power bikes. The 3210 & the newer offered 3215....& the big papa 3220...they are all available in any wind you want so you can fine tune the kv to your particular gearing reduction set up.

Being a die hard cheap scape, I am using the large Outrunner motors from hobbyking...I have been rewinding my motors & playing with different controller & voltage options. I have a few modified controllers I can run from 30 through 100 volts with.

I will be at the death race running a 48v race set up. Here are some pictures of the motor & reduction set up on the bike. This set up will deliver 19.9 HP at stall....hot off the charger its 0-53 in WAY too fast.

If you havn't forund Endless sphere yet & are truly "into" electric vehicles that is the place for the latest intgration of technology world wide. This forum is by far the best motored bike place as far as the comunity & helpfull nature...there are a few "flamers" scattered about but ES still sets the standard for open source information on alternative vehicles.
have a look
Endless-sphere.com • View forum - E-Bike Non-hub Motor Drives

Attachments

Last edited:

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
not my favorite either....but time was short & I needed to house the LIpo in something. Did you fine a ride to the race yet flex?

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hey Thud
Dont get me wrong not putting it down I competely understand about time. your bike is awsome . And yes I was offered a ride with culver city classics but now I might not be ready my bike is in pieces .if I can get it ready in time I will go. I was discouraged when nobody was responding to me asking for a ride .So I started working on it doing a shifter..
Flex.....