My Electric Micargi prado delux

GoldenMotor.com

tsook nir

Mar 18, 2011
israel
Hello

To all of you on the way to build an electrical bicycle - consider the Prado Delux.
This bike is excelent for electric drive (even considering the high weight).
And we think it came out beutifull.
My son enjoys the project very much.

It took almost a year to build but we are very proud of the results.

See for yourself...

.shft.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Beauty. Give us some details about the motor, drive system, batteries and housings.
Bikes like the Prado allow you to mount the batteries very low in the frame, so they do not "feel" heavy.

tsook nir

Mar 18, 2011
israel
Hello

Building this bike took almost a year.

We decided that we must have a gear in order to climb the steep hills in our town. Gear for both pedals and motor. So a hub motor was out of the question...

The drive system is based on a shimano internal 8 speed gear (which is not in the wheel but in between the motor/pedals and the wheel).
Motor is 36v 900w My1080 type
Battery is 36v 15 A Lifepo4
We installed Disc brakes on both wheels.

We designed an intermediate hub that takes power from the pedals and from the motor (separate chains and freewheels) and transfer power to the gear (3rd chain) which drives the wheel (4th and last chain).
The intermediate hub is a regular shimano hyperglide cassette free hub - but we've made a thread all the way through the uniglide cassette so it could accept 2 single speed freewheels (1 for pedals and 1 for motor) and 1 more sprocket (power output to gear).

The bicycle max speed is about 60KPH.

The bike also have double head light and battery display that is connected direct to the 36V battery.
And a simple speedometer.

2 Safety roll bars were added on both sides of the motor compartment and everything was covered with gray aluminum.

All parts including the original prado bicycle were bought in Ebay.

I have added some pictures and films.

YouTube - bicycle Prado Deluxe1
YouTube - E bicycle Prado Deluxe2
YouTube - E bicycle Prado Deluxe3

My Bike2.JPG

My Bike3.JPG

My Bike4.JPG

P1040134Small.JPG

P1040135Small.JPG

.trk