flying maytag vs. Kingsbury special

GoldenMotor.com

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
Although I apparently can't upload this short movie, one of our volunteers build a maytag washing machine engine powered bike (all the bells and whistles aren't attached yet) and tested it against the 1909 Kingsbury Special (powered by Skyhawk). While the Kingsbury could not quite keep up with the Maytag, in the Special's defense, it is still running in break in and the rider was cautious as it was my bike and not his (and they really weren't racing but riding together). A rematch is definitley a must.

If you are interested in the short video give me your email and I will send it to you. Nothing fancy just runs for about ten seconds.

THe maytag bike is unusal, looking more like a early hump back Indian with the motor mounted behind the rider. It goes one speed only but can handle lots of torque as the engine power is regulated by the amount of resistance (it runs constant RPM only) if that makes any sense. Has a really neat sound.

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
Hoodoo,

Can you post it on YouTube and then give us a link?

MarkV
Have Never posted on Youtube. I was hoping for a longer flick before I did that. I intend to do some
posting of that nature after our next airfair in November when we have riders appropriately dressed and and a couple more (maybe bikes going) along our 1921 Triumph H with hopefully the 1917 Indian.

I hate putting out a little short informal video. HOWEVER I WILL SEND IT TO ANYONE THAT WANTS TO PUT IT ON YOUTUBE.

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
THe maytag bike is unusal, looking more like a early hump back Indian with the motor mounted behind the rider. It goes one speed only but can handle lots of torque as the engine power is regulated by the amount of resistance (it runs constant RPM only) if that makes any sense. Has a really neat sound.
Must have quite an extension cord, unless it works like those natural gas powered refridgerators do..bt.