Tips for Experts Only - Warning Warning

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I want a pair of those little snippers! Heck, I have to use a big pair of lineman side cutters to cut things. I'll bet Harbor Freight has them.
So much good advice there. I had no idea that hot glue would work to pull dents.

But, I tried his method of welding and it kept popping circuit breakers. I'll have to install a bigger breaker and try it again.

Tom

MacZulu

Jul 3, 2015
Vancouver
thats pretty cool. I didn't know I had a welder, but apparently I have a bunch of them lying around the house. But i think I'll avoid dented tanks and skip the home electrocution.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I still have a screw bulb socket adapter made of Bakelite. Unfortunately it is not cracked like the cheater cord shown plugged into a 4 outlet plug socket shown in the video. I'll wait til it rains and the adapter is broken, and outdoors do as shown in the video. It did say do not attempt to do at home, right, outdoors is not in a home!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Well, I replaced my 20amp circuit breaker with a 50 and gave it another try.

The doctors say I'll regain full use of my hand within a year, or so. And, I'm wondering how to get that nail un-stuck from my gas tank...............

Tom

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Mac - this method of welding may be too advanced for you. But best not to dent your tank in the first place.

Measure - I checked with the source and you are right, outside is not at home. And the rain will help keep the sparks down so you don't need goggles.

Tom - sorry about your hand. Maybe you reversed the polarity of the wires by accident. I wish you would be more careful. Anyway, now you have a splendid utility hook on your tank for hanging tools, groceries, roadkill, etc.

Wecsog - you mentioned crescent wrench singular. To be properly tooled up you must have both right and left handed crescent wrenches.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
OMG!!! Still laughing. This vid is so wrong on so many levels.
But I can't say anything to criticize it; I have a little incident of my own in my past. Several years back (when I was apparently much more stupid) I was getting ready to swap out a bad wall outlet in my apartment. (The landlord was really old and I was trying to save him some trouble.) So I first went into the closet, where the fuse box was, and deduced which fuse was for the kitchen where the outlet was. Yes, I now know that I deduced wrong.
Thinking I've rendered it cold, I began to unscrew it from the wall, then to unscrew the wires. The first wire I just moved a little off to the side. The second wire...and POOF! It hurt. I jumped back. But the screwdriver stayed right where I left it. "Lovely!" I thought, "I've arc welded my good screwdriver to a wall socket. @#$@#%!!!" Should have pulled all the stinkin' fuses, I thought at first. Then I remembered I wouldn't have any light to see with. Then I remembered that the lights in the kitchen shouldn't have been ON if I'd pulled the right fuse. Then I just plugged the hotplate in someplace else.