A Lambretta scooter rebuild.

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks Blue.
That might have been the push I needed to get started on my Honda Cub resto. I still haven't brought it home but once it's in the garage I'll get to work.

That little Lambretta is one sweet looking ride. Hat's off to the man for reviving it like he did.

Tom

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
They were made under licence all over the world. Spanish ones, from what I have been told, weren't as well made as the Italian ones; nor were the Indian (brown people, Asia, nothing to do with Floyd Clymer etc) variety. Somebody in Argentina did them, one of the German motorcycle manufacturers (?Zundapp) started out with them and developed until it was all their own.

Vespas were made in India, Poland and Russia too.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
That might have been the push I needed to get started on my Honda Cub resto. I still haven't brought it home.............

Tom
Definitely a worthy project, Tom. Though I do understand that it's hard to get to all of the projects we'd like, the Cub is something special.

They were made under licence all over the world. Spanish ones, from what I have been told, weren't as well made as the Italian ones; nor were the Indian (brown people, Asia, nothing to do with Floyd Clymer etc) variety. Somebody in Argentina did them, one of the German motorcycle manufacturers (?Zundapp) started out with them and developed until it was all their own.

Vespas were made in India, Poland and Russia too.
Yes. And the guys who know these bikes well can tell at a glance which country they came from. I guess the Argentinian Lambrettas used 'Sciambretta' as their actual name. I don't know how a Spanish speaker would pronounce that.

But to my Yankee ears, it sounds a lot like "Sham-bretta".

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you for posting this. What a beautiful job he's done. I especially like the line about it wouldn't be hard and would take less than a year to do.

I know a guy that said that 5 years ago and he's still building.

Steve.