Have searched, still searching, what I need

GoldenMotor.com

Howardgf

Sep 27, 2015
NM
Does anyone have current info on specific HT seal numbers, from manufacturers, rather than no name 'Good quality', from re sellers? Thanks, H.

tzvii

Jun 23, 2013
sc
Stock is 14.8x27x3.8 mm under the magneto, 14.8x27x7.5 under clutch. One of my engines came with seals made by HYC.

I have also used 15x27x7 mm seals on both sides. These seals were much easier to find than the stock sized ones. Last time I purchased them from Harwal, and the seals were made in Taiwan.

tzvii

Jun 23, 2013
sc
They were a very tight fit requiring much more force to install than the stock ones. Chamfer and deburr the shaft before pressing them in.

The seals held up fine, however I have still had them get blown out of the bore just like the stock ones, but on a stock engine I don't think that would happen. The inner lip was fine on inspection after being blown out.

The tight fit probably was because I used double lipped oil seals while the stock was single lipped.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Howard,
Just in case you've never installed shaft seals be sure to lubricate the shaft and the seal before installing. You can use whatever oil you mix with your fuel for this. Just don't install them dry. Also inspect the shaft for any gouge, scratch or roughness where it contacts the seal.

If I'm telling you something you already know, sorry, I'm not talking down to you but maybe another member will benefit from the advice.

Tom

Howardgf

Sep 27, 2015
NM
Thanks men. Never be shy about repeating. A lot of things change with time, and I'm sure these engines are not exceptions. H