what kind of oil

GoldenMotor.com

Zearobiker

Jul 11, 2015
reading pa
I have ben using 2cycle synthetic boat oil was told it was ok to us then to day ran across a person that say no dont us it i run the motor about a year ueing a gal of it was that bad for motor or the rong type of oil .wee.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This question has been asked and discussed here hundreds, if not thousands of times and the answer is...there is no answer.

Take a few minutes, type, "Oil" into the search box and sit back for an evening of reading.
You're going to get lots of 'opinions' as to what is the 'best' oil to use in a 2 stroke engine and every opinion will be based on the experience of those giving the advice. And there is a lot of experience here so be prepared.

Generally speaking it is thought that outboard engine oil is not good because it is not formulated for air cooled engines that run hotter than water cooled ones do. However there are a lot of builders who have run outboard oil and have never had a problem. Go figure.

Everyone has their 'best oil' and will suggest it. This is an area where your options are varied and you'll need to experiment to find what works, FOR YOU.

Let us know what oil you decide to run, and we'll add it to the list. :)

Tom

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
What Tom says. And that's all I got to say 'bout that.

Best of luck in your decision!

Zearobiker

Jul 11, 2015
reading pa
Thanks for the help 2door i have done everything you and some others have help me with got bike going and running good today even it rained some it was nice to have it run good again thank to you and everone else dance1