Free Edjamication

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks Dan, I already watched the first three vids in the last few minutes, looks very interesting and as time permits I plan to watch all of them.

Whoever put all these together was awful nice to do this, I'm sure it has and will help a lot of people to understand more about how electronics work, I know its gonna teach me a lot, may have to go over some of it multiple times for it to stick good since i'm just an ole country fella and not a rocket scientist..LOL

Thanks for sharing Danster

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Only you Map! LOL. I haven't gotten to really check em out. Too cold and headed in. will stop at 3, if I make it that far.

There are so many of these out there. Could get an actual education. Hehe, a PHD in MB? I dunno what PHD stands for but all the acronyms I have come up with are just wrong. So so wrong....

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Only you Map! LOL. I haven't gotten to really check em out. Too cold and headed in. will stop at 3, if I make it that far.

There are so many of these out there. Could get an actual education. Hehe, a PHD in MB? I dunno what PHD stands for but all the acronyms I have come up with are just wrong. So so wrong....
Well Dan around here where I live we have loads of people that have their PHD's and for all of us the means we have our (P.ost H.ole D.iggers)

Other than that we dont have a clue what the initials really mean...LOL! laff

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
PHD, pronounced Fud. If someone questions you, you hit them with your knowledge. Fud!

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
We Don't Need No Education! We Don't Need no Thought-Control!

Joking aside, fantastic links here guys and gals. Great stuff.
I never did well in the education system, I'm not good with pressure or tests, resources like this are a godsend for people like me.

If I couldn't just hit up youtube for how-to videos there would be no way I could have taken on a motorized bike, or done a tune up on my car when I had that.
I wouldn't have been able to take up chainmail making either.
I may have been born into an age of dead-end jobs, corporate power, and un-affordable cost of living, but information has never been more freely available. They say knowledge is power, and that power is free to any and all who would take it.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
hehe, I had a problem speaking and couldn't say "thud" sounded like "fud"

Used to get into trouble for fumping my brother in the head. ....He had it coming.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
I didn't know you made the chainmail, GW. Very cool!
thanks, it's surprisingly rewarding (even though I haven't' sold a stitch of it yet) very time consuming though.
My hope is to eventually be able to support myself making it (or other forge-work) an uphill battle for sure but it's a fight that I am enjoying so far.
The whole motor-bicycle idea started out as a way to get to local events and try to sell my wares. hopefully once the summer rolls around I can get into the swing of things. I only need to sell a few pieces to get my name out there among the renaissance fair and SCA crowd, then (hopefully) people will come to me.

why spend five years drinking myself to death and hoping McDonalds gives me a raise when I can spend the same five years watching Documentaries and building medieval armour? I might not make the same money but at least I will be happy (if all goes well I could be making way more money ;) )

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I was canonnier (and less politically correct titles) on the S/V Victory Chimes. https://www.google.com/search?q=S/V...a=X&ei=2MGrVPT5DcPUoAT2_4DoCQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg Man that is fun. Our "canon" was about a foot long and fired 12 gauge, blank shotgun shells. I can put a frozen breakfast sausage threw the side of a barn as long as it is a close target. Snork

While tied up in NY harbor, we would strike colors at sunset and fire the cannon. Tourists loved it. Our neighbors, not so much.