NFL Football 2014

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
"The Cards are who we thought they were, and we didn't let 'em off the hook!"
-We've been there before. I remember the when Michael Vick was hurt in the preseason, out for the year, and the Falcons has a miserable season.
More than ever, the quarterback makes all the difference.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The Broncos kick off in a few minutes so I'm here, on my computer and not watching.
Maybe they'll win as long as I don't walk in the family room where Char is and they're playing. Time will tell, but if they loose, don't blame me. I'm not watching.

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The Falcon are now in first place in the division, its not pretty at 4 and 6 but they have beat the other 3 in the division.
The Falcons are bit more respectable now, they showed some great playing beating the Cardinals yesterday.

I thought that would be an easy win and would sitting alone at 10-2 but it was not to be, now with 4 regular season games left things get interesting.

Note the lack of the full Raiders line at the bottom of the pic...
That is as big of a screen shot as I could get, and with a 1-12 record only worthy of half a mention anyway ;-}

Back to back road trips gave the Cards 2 losses but we have KC here at home next week and we are 6-0 at home.

Win the division or not the Card's should make the playoffs, the big question is will be a team that can compete again then.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The Falcon win was a total surprise, they finally had a good mix of run and pass that kept the Cardinals defense honest. That was the first complete game I have watched this year.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The Falcon win was a total surprise, they finally had a good mix of run and pass that kept the Cardinals defense honest. That was the first complete game I have watched this year.
Ya the Falcon's looked pretty good against our pretty good defense and may make it past the first game of the playoffs.

The Card's haven't traveled well and now our home field advantage is in jeopardy.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Falcons have to play Green Bay next, on Monday night. The Cinderella story will likely end there. The Saints are playing Jax, so they will have to really screw it up bad not to take the division lead next week.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Good to see the Cards back on track.
"Falcons have to play Green Bay next, on Monday night. The Cinderella story will likely end there."
Not really. Saint's blew it again by losing to Carolina; a division opponent!
Falcons can lose by over 100 points on the frozen tundra of Lambeau tomorrow night and still lead the division. Sacre Bleau!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
"Falcons have to play Green Bay next, on Monday night.
Saint's blew it again by losing to Carolina; a division opponent!
I kind of like how the league is now getting division teams to play each other at the end of the regular season.

Card's visit the Ram's Thursday night, host the Seahawks the next weekend, and close at the 49er's.

Falcons can lose by over 100 points on the frozen tundra of Lambeau tomorrow night and still lead the division. Sacre Bleau!
Hehehe, got to love that ;-}

I watched that Chargers Patriots game, bummer the Pat's came back for the win, I am so sick of hearing about the Patriots I could projectile vomit.
All the network news mentioned the Pat's win and their 10-3 record, not one peep about the Card's and their 10-3 record.

That's OK, they will cover the Card's when they make it to the Superbowl ;-}

This is the playoff picture after Sunday.

GO BIG RED!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Week 16 was dismal, the Seahawk's made the Cardinal's look like a College team last Sunday.

This Sunday:

The Card's play the 49er's in San Francisco.
The Seahawks play the Rams at home.

The Cardinals have already clinched a playoff spot.

The Cardinals clinch NFC West with:
1) a win plus a Seahawks loss or tie
2) a tie plus a Seahawks loss

The Cardinals clinch home-field advantage with:
1) a win plus a Seahawks loss or tie and a Packers loss or tie
2) a tie plus a Seahawks loss, a Cowboys loss or tie and a Packers-Lions tie

The Cardinals clinch a first-round bye with:
1) a win plus a Seahawks loss or tie
2) a tie plus a Seahawks loss and a Cowboys loss or tie
3) a tie plus a Seahawks loss and a Lions-Packers tie

I find ties so odd, yet there has been a tie game this year.

For those of you whose teams are out of it, root FOR Arizona, and AGAINST Seattle and Green Bay this Sunday!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The Falcons/Panthers game has been moved back to 4:30 or so by the NFL or TV to capitalize on the ratings share due to the importance of the game. The only problem I see for the falcons is they are at home, they have played much better on the road this year it seems.
I still don't like the idea of the divisions, we will have a 7 win team hosting a wild card game against a team with a better record.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The Falcons/Panthers game has been moved back to 4:30 or so by the NFL or TV to capitalize on the ratings share due to the importance of the game. The only problem I see for the falcons is they are at home, they have played much better on the road this year it seems.
I still don't like the idea of the divisions, we will have a 7 win team hosting a wild card game against a team with a better record.
Ahhh.....it's only football :D

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Its been a long time since I did the Dirty Bird dance. I hope to be doing it Sunday night.
Go Falcons hehe ;-}

News today is the Card's won't be starting our 4th string QB and letting our 3rd sting QB have another start despite his terrible showing against the Seahawks.

I just hope we at least get our 2nd string QB back for playoffs because it's win or go home from there.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Bye bye birdie.
The Arizona Cardinal's simply ran out of good 'next man up' men.
And some people will be gone next year, hopefully that punter that couldn't seem to even punt it across the street.

It was a **** of a year though.

The Jag's Cam Newton was sure a dick in that game, so was the defensive player with the cheap shot on our last standing quarterback.

That's OK, we have two winning seasons under Bruce Arians and I look forward to next year ;-}

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
A question for you avid NFL football fans. Why are some teams named for cities, some for states and some for regions (New England)? Just curious.

I asked my wife, a staunch Bronco fan and NFL watcher but she didn't know. I said I'd ask the experts. Thus this inquiry.

Tom