NFL Football 2014

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I thought for sure I started an NFL football topic about the Phoenix Cardinal's playing the superbowl at home in Cardinal's Stadium this year here but I guess not.

OK, so they changed the names to the Arizona Cardinals and (some internet company) Stadium but my hats and shirts say different and I'm sticking with it.

So, after just handing the 49ers their 2nd loss so far this year the Card's are one of 3 (maybe 4 after tonight' Panthers game) undefeated teams this year.

3 and 0 baby, and alone atop the NFC West which is the toughest division in football, we had 10 wins last season and didn't make the playoffs because of the Seahawks and 49er's and the 49ers went on to loose the big one.

No NFL team has went to the superbowl when it was hosted in their home stadium YET, but 75% of teams that start 3-0 make the playoffs and that's when the fun starts... Win or go home for the season.

Go Big Red!
Make some more football history ;-}

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I grew up near Atlanta, but lived in the Phoenix area when the Falcons got finally their Superbowl berth. I was fortunate enough to live in the Phoenix area when the Cards went to the Superbowl. Good times.
There is nothing as uncomfortable as going to a Cardinals game in August, in Sun Devil Stadium. Go Cards.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC that would be a football fans dream come true, maybe it'll work out that way.
Ya, it would really be something for the Card's to play in the Super Bowl at home, I'd sure hate to be the other team in that environment even if most of the seats are occupied by rich people just there for the party.

This town does party a lot in February even without the SB as that's when the Phoenix Open runs which is consistently the hands down rowdiest week long party on a golf course year after year.

The Card's got an early bye and have next Sunday off which will be good for the team before they go to Denver but I hate bye weeks when the networks don't show our division games locally.

On a football related note check out the tackle made by the falcons mascot, kinda funny.

Falcon mascot tackles NFL Fan: http://youtu.be/bEgE0CWYQi0
Hahaha!
They don't air that TV anymore so you don't see it as much but that must feel like dick getting taken out by a Muppet ;-}

I grew up near Atlanta, but lived in the Phoenix area when the Falcons finally got their Superbowl berth.

I was fortunate enough to live in the Phoenix area when the Cards went to the Superbowl. Good times.
That was a gut wrench loss to the Steelers, the Cardiac Cardinal's, the game is never over until the clock says so.

There is nothing as uncomfortable as going to a Cardinals game in August, in Sun Devil Stadium. Go Cards.
Yep, 110+F heat and sun beating on you sitting on aluminum slip proof stairs laid out like bleachers.
A cushion and copious amounts of fluids were a must.

The new retractable dome stadium however is an absolute joy to be in and why the NFL has it in the SB rotation.

A retractable dome with an awesome specially grown real grass field that they roll outside when not in use.
How they move an entire football field in and out of building is cool thing to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DIukkv1Ko0U

If it didn't take so long it pretty cool is the opening ceremony had the field slide in with all the Card's players on for the SB hehehe ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Man what a game between the Eagles (5-1) and our old division nemeses here in Phoenix against the Cardinals (5-1) today!

The game literally went down to 1 second on the clock with the Eagles down my 4 in field goal range but the they needed 6 and the Cards broke up the pass.

Great D today on both sides of the ball, just a great game to watch if you are a hardened 'Cardiac Cardinals' believer.

Arizona Cardinals 6-1 and still atop the NFC West by 2 games.
We are tough to beat at home, that will be an advantage in the Super Bowl ;-}

GO CARDINAL'S!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ

Still alone at #1 through week 9!​

This 'first team to play the Super Bowl at home' dream isn't just alive, it gets more likely every week!

GO BIG RED!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Falcons are 3 and 6, but only one game out of first place in the division. Gotta love the NFC South.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Falcons are 3 and 6, but only one game out of first place in the division. Gotta love the NFC South.
Ya, easy division to win a spot in playoffs if you are crappy team.

Card's went 10-6 last year and didn't get to the playoffs in the NFC West where the Seahawks went on to win the Superbowl.

Card's have a 2 game division lead and beat the Rams and 49ers once already.
Our last 3 games are Ram's, Seahwaks, 49ers.

On a sad note are starting QB Palmer went down in the 4th quarter last week and likely out for the season.

QB backup Stanton came in and in the last 4 minuets of the game scored 21 unanswered points for the big win.

This is a pretty cool recap of the game.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000425790/Week-10-Rams-vs-Cardinals-highlights

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The Falcon are now in first place in the division, its not pretty at 4 and 6 but they have beat the other 3 in the division.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I can not be blamed for the Bronco's loss today. Char won't let me watch their games. She says every time I watch, they loose. She went out to her mom's today and left the game on. I turned it off as soon as she left. The score was 10 to 0.
I swear, I didn't watch any of it, but the Broncos lost anyway. To any Bronco fans, NOT MY FAULT!

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
(Smiles at 2door) on the bright side the Broncos are the only team to beat the Cardinal's this year.

Ya that's right...

Still #1 in all of Football @ 9-1!

The #2 Detroit Lions were just kittens in the beaks of the Cardinal's today, they managed 2 field goals all game.

The Card's now hold a 3 game lead over everyone in the NFC West division, and a 2 game lead over everyone else in the NFC.

Making the playoff's is one thing, winning post season games is another to take a conference but the way things are going we'll have home field advantage in the very stadium the super bowl we played.

After years of 'hard fan support' it's nice to sit happy after every game ;-}

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
"The Falcons are now in first place in the division"
I guess that makes them the best of the worst.
They are calling it "The division that nobody wants to win."
I remember a few years back, the NFC East (Eagles, Cowboys, 'Skins, Giants) was won by a team with a losing record.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The falcons have tried the best record in football side of it and lost to the 49ers in 2012, not saying they can do anything better but you never know. Brady and the patriots look pretty dang good at this point in the season.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
"The Falcons are now in first place in their division"
I guess that makes them the best of the worst.
They are calling it "The division that nobody wants to win."

I remember a few years back, the NFC East (Eagles, Cowboys, 'Skins, Giants) was won by a team with a losing record.
The Card's used to be in the NFC East with them.

What gets me is the TV pundits, all they could talk about yesterday was how good the Lions were before our game.
The Card's held them to just two field goals ;-}

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I stand corrected, it was the Seahawks that won their division with a 9-7 record a few years back. My apology the fans of NFC East teams.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
W/B you got the right team but wrong record, they were 7/9 and beat the Rams in a home game. The sad thing is a team like Atlanta could win the NFC south with a 6/10 record. I myself don't like the way the division winner gets in and a better team goes home. I think if the NFL wanted to have a true champion they should take the top 12, 16 or whatever and not have divisions. That way every time you watch a game that game means something, the best records would be rewarded a play off spot.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Speaking of the Seahawks and the NFC West...
The Card's play the Seahawks for the first time this year Sunday in Seattle, and they are 7 point favorites!

And why not, our #1 quarterback (Carson Palmer) and #1 receiver (Larry Fitzgerald) are out right?
Hehe, we do pretty good with 'next man up' here in Arizona.

I love this bit of talking heads on tomorrow's game.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...woCYCw&usg=AFQjCNFM_WF70BQ2hB1RbOFf-qw7d5MtZw

Right at the very end, when the guy that picked Seattle to win says
'There's no way Arizona goes into Seattle and wins'.

Funny, the last time Arizona played Seattle was the end of last year, in Seattle, and Arizona broke their record of consecutive home wins.

-----

Oakland finally get's its first win of the season, and they did it against KC!

I am only a KC fan because of the cool KC hat I wear, but I like to see them do well and they were playing great this year and feel the pain in the locker room letting the worst team in football beat them.

Then again, Oakland is not historically known for being a bad team, then again not many teams in the history of the NFL have gone 2/3 of a season without a single win.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The sad thing is a team like Atlanta could win the NFC south with a 6/10 record.
I myself don't like the way the division winner gets in and a better team goes home.
The Card's were burnt with that last year. but I think it's a pretty fair system.

With 32 teams you would need a 64 game schedule so each team played each other once on each teams home field to pick.

Granted it sucks being in a tough division but I think the whole NFC vs AFC thing is wacky, why randomly split 32 teams in half so only the winner of one half can play winner of the other half when #2 or even #3 in one half is better than anyone on the other half?

I like the re-shuffle that was done a few years back for geography but the whole AFC/NFC difference kind of screwed any chance of the best of your regional area making it to playoffs and the bowl of all the teams in your area, and isn't that who you like to root for?

To me rooting for the local team is like watching my son play sports, you're heart is in it too.