motor makes a screeching noise when clutch releas

GoldenMotor.com

Bobbyz

Jul 15, 2014
reading pa
motor making noise when under power

Got a 2 cycle motor kit it runs good but when riding hear a screechig coming fromm motor don't lose power but makes a lot of noise when clutch pulled noise stops don't know where to start .crt.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Re: motor making noise when under power

Bob,
Welcome to the forum and to the world of 2 stroke Chinese bicycle engines. Noises are nothing unusual. You'll get quite a few opinions and suggestions but most noises produced by these little engines are normal.

You'll want to make sure you have lubricated the primary and secondary gears on the right side of the engine and the clutch actuating parts on the left side. Those are the two most common sources of noise but some of the sounds you might hear are just inherent with the Chinese 2 stroke engine.

Some quiet down a little as you accrue miles, some never do.

Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Take the sproket cover off to the chain. Lube that ball and rod. Be careful not to loose the ball bearing. If it dont fall out dont worry about it . Put axle bearing grease on all these parts. Noise will be gone instantly!!

Bobbyz

Jul 15, 2014
reading pa
thanks for the help took gear cover off and grease it took it out for a ride the first min noise was there then went away sound good nowgoing to grease it every two weeks is there any thing else that would need greased iam fairly new to this hade one before lasted about two months and burd up did not know what i was doing now i got this one and going by what info i get from hear the only chang i did was i got the bolt kits from sick bike parts kit looked better then what came with motor thanks for the help

Bobbyz

Jul 15, 2014
reading pa
took bikeout for a long ride today ran good noises whent away motor sound good now i ran into someone that has a gas power bicycle he told me that after 3 or4 tank of gas i have to clean out mufler there no screws holding it together do you need to cleanthem out and how you do it

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It depends.
What fuel to oil ratio are you using? We try hard to discourage new builders from using the kit suggested 16:1 ratio because fouled spark plugs and clogged exhaust can be a result of too much oil. We recommend no more than a 24:1 mix.

If your engine is running good then the exhaust is probably okay. If the performance seems to decrease over time the muffler might need cleaning. Many of us like brake cleaner as a solvent that wiil cut through the oil and mess that can collect in the muffler and pipe. This usually isn't a problem with the proper fuel/oil mixture. It can be with that infamous 16:1 mix you read about in the kit instructions.

Tom

Bobbyz

Jul 15, 2014
reading pa
;thanks for the help 16;1 is what i was using to break it in then was told to goto 20:1 after about 300 miles will drop to 24:1 when i get gass have 2 gall mixed at 16:1 us them up then switch

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Two more gallons of 16:1 then you might need to consider cleaning out the exhaust.
You can dilute that heavy oil mix, or just dump it in your car's gas tank and mix up a new batch. Whatever, you really shouldn't exceed our 24:1 recommendation.

How many miles do you estimate you have on the bike now?

Tom

Bobbyz

Jul 15, 2014
reading pa
ok switching to 24;1 tomarro thats about what 6 oz of oil to 1 gal of gas if chart was right on oil can i have pic of bike but having a hard time geting them up have pic on my info but can not get it to this page thanks for all the help the bike running great now

Last edited:

Bobbyz

Jul 15, 2014
reading pa
ok bike ben doing good but not iam running 24;1 mix and have about 200 miles my spark plug has gas and oil coverd with it motor runs ruf at low speed les then half but motor runs smoth at fullhow can i fix this

Bobbyz

Jul 15, 2014
reading pa
i put bin back where it was befor still dry and a chocolaate brown has power back and smokes alittle on the lite gray almost white hope i did not hurt moter