Ship to Spain

GoldenMotor.com

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
Hey! I am trying to build a motorbicycle as many of you! I have already thought about several fields that i have to take into account, and the main doubt i have now is :

do you have any information about where the best engine supliers are located in order to make a shipping to spain?

I will keep on searching for some info about taxes,customs,etc...but if any of you have an answer to my question i will aprecciate a lot...have an answer to my question i will aprecciate a lot...

i've already seen several engines which shipping costed as much as the engine itself

does it perhaps exist any list of engine suppliers, or a selection or list of best shipping costs?

Thanks!

Last edited:

BarryT

Dec 16, 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
Well, I was an aircrewman in the Navy and spent almost 11 years down in Rota and still have contacts down there. For your location, I'd buddy up with some US Airforce cargo crewmen working at Torrejon.

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
Well, I was an aircrewman in the Navy and spent almost 11 years down in Rota and still have contacts down there. For your location, I'd buddy up with some US Airforce cargo crewmen working at Torrejon.
WOW! That would be great!! Now I'm looking for gas engine kits and maybe some electrical stuff... I'm a complete newbie. How could we do shipping? Is there a store you refer me?

thank you very much!!

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
It's surprising that some of our European members haven't spotted you yet and offered their sources.

They must (I suppose) get their engines and kits from European vendors. And, being an EU nation, I'd think that these vendors could ship to Spain without tariffs and such. I'm only guessing on that. But it would seem to make sense.

Let's see...if you turned to an American vendor would shipping costs be too much? Probably.

Let's hope some of our European friends spot your request and come along with answers.

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
It's surprising that some of our European members haven't spotted you yet and offered their sources.

They must (I suppose) get their engines and kits from European vendors. And, being an EU nation, I'd think that these vendors could ship to Spain without tariffs and such. I'm only guessing on that. But it would seem to make sense.

Let's see...if you turned to an American vendor would shipping costs be too much? Probably.

Let's hope some of our European friends spot your request and come along with answers.
Thanks! Here in Europe the vehicles has to pass a lot of test to get the homologation to ride at streets. It's not legal to create your own motorized bike and ride it. Thats the reason that here in Europe doesn't exist the "motorized bike culture" and it's very dificult to find a dealer.

I'm still waiting for the european members response... come on guys!

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The British are working with the common European regulations for mopeds, so we don't have many kit bikes on the roads, although there are a few who have made their way through the tests and paperwork.

If you try the Alibaba search engine for Chinese made products, some companies will sell you a single engine and ship it direct to you from China. You then have to deal with the import taxes.

Do you actually need a new engine? There were the old companies like Rieju in Spain, and the many French makers. There are clubs for cyclemotors and old mopeds all over Europe. It might even be more sensible to buy a renovated Zundapp Combimot than go for a Chinese engine.

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
The British are working with the common European regulations for mopeds, so we don't have many kit bikes on the roads, although there are a few who have made their way through the tests and paperwork.

If you try the Alibaba search engine for Chinese made products, some companies will sell you a single engine and ship it direct to you from China. You then have to deal with the import taxes.

Do you actually need a new engine? There were the old companies like Rieju in Spain, and the many French makers. There are clubs for cyclemotors and old mopeds all over Europe. It might even be more sensible to buy a renovated Zundapp Combimot than go for a Chinese engine.
In Spain we had a lot of moped culture in the past (the famous vespino was designed and created in Madrid) but nowadays you only see scooters and I think its a very different concept. It's interesting to try Alibaba but I prefer go step by step. First I want to create a really cool prototype and I want to understand the functioning of all, see the problems with a real motorized bike and then try to get the homologation and paperwork... I will show you all the process and I hope everything be done well.

Thanks!

PD: This was a vespino... I love it!

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There are two levels of moped in the UK. 28mph/?km which is really a restricted small motorcycle and the 16mph/?km restricted, which must have proper bicycle pedals.

The slow one has fewer rules and requirements about the construction and fittings, and is essentially an assisted bicycle. I am slowly, when I have a spare moment and the inclination, building one.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
That might well be in South America somewhere. In Argentina there was or is the Dardo, but I can't find any seller details about it.

Do you need chain drive, or will a friction drive do? There is a Polish company selling a kit that fits in 15 minutes.

Last edited: