Hello All!

GoldenMotor.com

jnp2whls

Dec 23, 2008
Denton, TX, USA
I've been using the sight for information lately and decided that I should introduce myself. I own a hand built TI 3-speed, Raleigh 10 speed, BikeE, and an EZ3. Due to a shoulder and head injury a long time ago in the military, coupled with age, I'm using the bents a lot more. I really want to go on a long slow trip this spring and part of summer. I've been researching ways to motorize the EZ3 and am currently building a camp pop up trailer to go on. The trailer seems a little straight forward with no problems, but motorizing the EZ3 has my head spinning. Any suggestions and ideas would be appreciated! Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Neal
jnp2whls

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Is an EZ3 a trike I'm guessing? There are several ways to motorize a trike. There is even a thread going here about just that.

I think they are using the Titan from thatsdax on it.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Man that sounds so inviting, Take off on a three wheeler, slow and see the sights, now that’s an adventure. Carry a few spare parts, needs to be very trust worthy build, and tested out well, but that sounds great! I was just looking at a trike Adaptable tricycle is a super heavy duty three wheel industrial tricycle made in the USA It is a bit of change$ but , you need a rugged bike to hold up. Lots of trikes here on the forum, and lots of great people to help out. Welcome to the forum

jnp2whls

Dec 23, 2008
Denton, TX, USA
Thanks all. Of all the forums I've "lurked" on this is the only one I seem to search out and feel welcomed to. There is so much info that I've started a notebook and run out of ink in the printer. So many new ideas that I've never considered. BTW the EZ3 is a sun recumbent trike which I've enjoyed for over 4 years. Don't know if I want to go ICE because of all the regulations in TX. What is your experience with electric and maybe multiple battery packs to use during the day and charge at night at campgrounds? Only looking to cover 60-70 miles a day. Or am I looking at an unachievable goal? Happy Holidays all!
Neal

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
I think a 4 cycle motor might be a lot easier to go long distances and have fewer problems. Does take a bit of time to debug a bike to make it reliable. ThatsDAx set up looks good, plus he is always here on the forum to help out, as well as the other dealers here. A bit more money then the 2 cycles, I am not going to brag on my 2 cycle, because it might hear me and start acting up, but I have had good luck with it.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
The most range I've seen any E-bike advertise is 30 miles and they usually have a top end of around 15 mph. I suspect with the trailer attachment you are talking about that you may end up in a spiral of diminishing returns with the weight vs. amount of battery it takes to go that far. Probably better to go with a Dax Titan for reliability. I like riding my 2-cycle China girl but I certainly wouldn't want to get too far from home with it. Good luck!

jnp2whls

Dec 23, 2008
Denton, TX, USA
I've been toying with the idea of an ICE but I have two 500w curries and controllers.I want the convenience, but want to go stealth also. TX seems to require me to register it even though under 50cc, and doesn't. require a license tag I won't need tags. This is the kind of hassle I want to avoid. Sooner or later I will have to deal with the registration people as I've gotten some requests to make some powered recumbent trikes. I make them out of recycled bike parts and am on my fourth....BUT gas is starting to look like a fight I'm gonna have to deal with. Any way I'll take it one step at a time. any advice?