gasbike kits - missing & broken parts

GoldenMotor.com

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
I ordered two kits from gasbike.net. the first kit was missing the needle bearing. They also sent the wrong sprocket / rag joint / split metal pieces. The 9 holes in the sprocket are the "small" bolt hole circle and the rag joint and split metal pieces are for the "large" bolt hole circle.

I got the second kit and when I took the piston out of the box the top ring was in two pieces. I didn't drop it or anything - it came out of the box that way !!!

granted, the kits were $128 shipped, which is a **** of a deal, but I'm not very happy with having to deal with wrong and/or broken parts. I've been talking to a guy named Lorenzo at gasbike and he says they are going to send me replacement parts. He's probably going to send me a replacement piston ring, but I have to install it on the piston myself, and I'm worried that the replacement ring will also break.

I'll update this when I get replacement parts in the mail..... still waiting.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I ordered two kits from gasbike.net. the first kit was missing the needle bearing. They also sent the wrong sprocket / rag joint / split metal pieces. The 9 holes in the sprocket are the "small" bolt hole circle and the rag joint and split metal pieces are for the "large" bolt hole circle.

I got the second kit and when I took the piston out of the box the top ring was in two pieces. I didn't drop it or anything - it came out of the box that way !!!

granted, the kits were $128 shipped, which is a **** of a deal, but I'm not very happy with having to deal with wrong and/or broken parts. I've been talking to a guy named Lorenzo at gasbike and he says they are going to send me replacement parts. He's probably going to send me a replacement piston ring, but I have to install it on the piston myself, and I'm worried that the replacement ring will also break.

I'll update this when I get replacement parts in the mail..... still waiting.
Thats a shame.... for $139 shipped to your door you could hqv got an assembled and ready to go good PK-80 engine from rose326a on ebay.

I say chunk the junk and get a good kit....... just another reason why I have never done business with gasbike......!

Best of luck...... I dont see why for the life of me someone would spend $10 less for an engine kit that came in pieces when for $10 more you can get what I consider to be a superior product wh a good PK-80 kit.

Hope ou get it all worked out and sorry for the mess gasbike sent you.

Map
.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
well, im a newbie and i read here to stay away from ebay, but thanks for the info - im gonna buy more kits - ill give ebay a try !
I understand and I meant no negative finger poi ting by the chunk th junk comment in previous post.

Many people here run kits off of ebay with great results and some have had solid heck with every type kit out there, personally I have bought from ebay vendors and thatsdax with good results, I did have one dud from BGF and I can say for sure if it was the engines problem or my lack of experience at the time with these engines, but since I have been running great with all three of my bikes.

One member here has said to have bought 25+ kits from rose326a which is an ebay vendor and he has had xcellent results from them, only a couple minor parts failures on two of the kits best I remembern, so based on this it seems to me they must have pretty good kits in general.

All the stock kits can be some what of a crap shoot but some do have a better track record than others.

Map
reddd

Thay can all be a crap shoot and some people

Turbo

Aug 29, 2013
los angeles
I am very very happy with gasbike.net. I bought 5 of the same packages you bought and they were all fine!!! Great deal man :)) The way that gasbike.net is selling their parts you can really tune it up. My gasbike rides great. My friends were in love with my ride after they road it. Great and awesome quality parts. Also gasbike.net is giving a 3.0L gas tank compared to 2.0L gas tanks that comes with the junk kits on ebay. Ebay has no service. None of their listings a has a number that you can call. You have to keep sending emails until they call you or answer you. I had some questions with my orders with gasbike.net and I called them. My call went right through... Great service.... I actually spoke to Lorenzo, he was very nice.... The next day I had a technical question and they connected me to Josh.... He know what's up. I believe that Gasbike.net technical question line is between 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. California time. GOOO GASBIKE.NET

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Pulled all my negative comments on the subject down....... sorry guys and gals, just let my butt overide my fingers a bit.
reddd

Map

Last edited:

Turbo

Aug 29, 2013
los angeles
Dude... You must me a competitor of Gasbike. When someone says something positive doesn't mean that they work for them. Gooooo Gasbike.net !!! The best I'm the market

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Dude... You must me a competitor of Gasbike. When someone says something positive doesn't mean that they work for them. Gooooo Gasbike.net !!! The best I'm the market
Nope.... just a motor bike owner as a hobby and for fun.

been here a good while and have read many many horror stories about gasbike and the lack of good or honest service provided and I'll let this all go right now right here.

NUF Said!

Map laff

Turbo

Aug 29, 2013
los angeles
All I can say is that I had a fantastic experience with them and so did the people that I know bought from them. Goooo Gasbike.net

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
All I know about gasbike is the negative reviews here (several)
I can speak from experience when I say rose 326 and mingsinternational sell decent kits. I'm the guy with over 25 and no lemons mentioned above.
A lot of the issues I see here seem to come from people who are expecting the kind of performance they would get from a japanese 66cc two stroke.
You simply cannot expect these china engines to run that hard and live.
The china girl is a different animal altogether.
The reason I get such great results is because I don't scream the engine past 7k and wring her neck for another mph.
These engines are meant to run in the midrange, not the top of the rpm band.
Get a smaller rear gear, a good tuned pipe built for midrange and low end torque, and don't try to run as fast as a motorcycle would. These things are made from beer cans and gum wrappers by peasant farmers with vise-grips and a file. You get one to start and run more than ten minutes, and it will last forever if you treat it right.
I don't just build and sell motorbikes, I ride a china girl every single day, rain or shine as my ONLY transportation and I have well over 20k miles on ht's. I'm now riding my third personal bike. The first two are still running. One was sold with over 10k miles and the new owner is riding it to work every weekday.
Just my opinion based on my experience riding, racing, and tuning two strokes for well over 30 years.
There is nothing secret about it. I'm not a guru. I just don't expect my lawnmower to turn lap times with a formula one car.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
It's true we'll sometimes get retailers that try and advertise covertly by not admitting they've a business interest and profit bias behind their "recommendation" however I must strongly caution of two things, first being all members are subject to the rules such as those concerning both respect and spam - if there's a violation report it and staff will take the necessary steps.

The other is more difficult and that's recommendations in general, all of which are biased to some degree. It could be they work for a business, it could be they're offered goods and/or services for their recommendations, it could be they just particularly favor a business - but even then it may not be a objective or experienced view.

A rant concerning both suggestions & recommendations: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=49545

If you profit from a business for your recommendation and you advertise outside of 'Swap and Shop' this does represent a violation of our rules and it will be addressed.

Last edited:

Turbo

Aug 29, 2013
los angeles
All I have to say is that my gasbike kicks ass! I am very happy and so are my friends who buy from gasbike.net. I hate eBay and I refuse to buy from it. I like to buy from a company that I can actually call. All I know is that the most recent shipments from gasbike.net are the best in the market. If I were you, I would order from gasbike.net. Maybe you didnt have the best experience in the past. The past is the past my friend! Go with tomorrow ;)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
All I have to say is that my gasbike kicks ass! I am very happy and so are my friends who buy from gasbike.net. I hate eBay and I refuse to buy from it. I like to buy from a company that I can actually call. All I know is that the most recent shipments from gasbike.net are the best in the market. If I were you, I would order from gasbike.net. Maybe you didnt have the best experience in the past. The past is the past my friend! Go with tomorrow ;)
I go with track record my friend and I wish you the best with all your bikes and engines no matter where you get them.

A word of advice though would be to be careful about being such a newbie on a forum and then starting to trash stuff you seem to be pretty new to, there are people on here that have many years experience with just about every kit and vendor present and past, and many of us have spent many hours over several years on here looking over many hundreds of posts listed of forum by first time and experienced builders and the experiences of these many people with their kit purchases have formed not only strong but also well informed opinions on many things including kit types and vendors, it's really easy to open a can of worms/stir up a hornets nest when you start putting everything that aint what you got down and almost religiously promoting a vendor that so many have had so many problems with over a long period of time.

Welcome to the forum, we are a great group of people here that have strong opinions as well, but we try not to fuss to much about trivial things and just enjoy, helping the noobs and other who need it and share our personal experiences in motorized bicycling.... the good, the bad, and the ugly....!

Peace, Map
reddd

Turbo

Aug 29, 2013
los angeles
Thank you for your post! I know people who have been in this industry for years! They all love doing business with Gasbike.net. I did a lot if research before I got in. My name is turbo because I am turbo. I only buy great quality parts! Goooo gasbike.net

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
UPDATE : I finally got through to Lorenzo and Josh at Gasbike and they put the missing/broken parts in the mail to me. I think I called them last friday and the parts were on my front porch tuesday afternoon. At least it's good to know that they are willing to correct their orders, but maybe a little more QA when packing orders would eliminate a lot of these problems. The problems I had were that 1) the sprocket was the wrong one and didn't match the rag joint.. 2) the needle bearing was missing from one order, and 3) one of the piston rings was broken in half.

I was a little worried about putting the replacement ring on the piston, but fortunately it went on Ok.
Finished the build last night but couldn't fire it up cause it was raining. hopefully tonight I'll be riding it.

cheers

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I can speak from experience when I say rose 326 and mingsinternational sell decent kits. I'm the guy with over 25 and no lemons mentioned above.
A lot of the issues I see here seem to come from people who are expecting the kind of performance they would get from a japanese 66cc two stroke.
The reason I get such great results is because I don't scream the engine past 7k and wring her neck for another mph.
Get a smaller rear gear, a good tuned pipe built for midrange and low end torque, and don't try to run as fast as a motorcycle would. These things are made from beer cans and gum wrappers by peasant farmers with vise-grips and a file. You get one to start and run more than ten minutes, and it will last forever if you treat it right.
I don't just build and sell motorbikes, I ride a china girl every single day, rain or shine as my ONLY transportation and I have well over 20k miles on ht's. I'm now riding my third personal bike. The first two are still running. One was sold with over 10k miles and the new owner is riding it to work every weekday.
Just my opinion based on my experience riding, racing, and tuning two strokes for well over 30 years.
There is nothing secret about it. I'm not a guru. I just don't expect my lawnmower to turn lap times with a formula one car.
Maniac for the most part I agree with you 100% but me being me I tend to try to get everything I can out of any motor. most of the time Id say I ride in the 5 to 7k range but it is very comen for me to push a motor as far as I can. that said I dont do it with out knowing that Im pushing my luck and with out doing the prep work first. these engines may not be Japaneses engines but with the right tune and work done to them they will surprise you big time.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
These things are made from beer cans and gum wrappers by peasant farmers with vise-grips and a file. You get one to start and run more than ten minutes, and it will last forever if you treat it right. You got it nailed brother